More Underrated? [Gunnar or Kule]

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Gunnarson is a 3rd pair playing 1st pair, Kulie is a two-way top 6 forward, playing bottom 6. One would think if we were to lose one (to say injury) the effect of losing a guy playing your 1st pair would be felt more than a guy in your bottom 6. However, last night without Kulie, I noticed a bigger hole than last year when Gunnar was out.

IMHO, Gunnar gets severly overrated around here, he is easily replaceable, and nothing special. Kulie brings a lot to this team, but seems to have some haters because he hasn't repeated his 30 goal season (which in all honesty was a fluke).

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Let's just get this over with and trade them both to Detroit for Smith and Abdelkader. A couple of good ole NA boys. They like the Euros down there :sarcasm:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Gunnarson is an average Dman who plays a lot of minutes on this team.

Kulemin offers a lot without scoring goals.

Hardly a toss-up. Kulemin hands down

jakapono24

Oct 20, 2011
Toronto, ON
Gunnarson isn't really a top pairing guy, I suppose, but he's played against a high quality of competition for the past few years (and has handled it fairly well). Certainly that's worth something. Kulemin, in my opinion, is a top 6 forward who had a bad season two years ago and has ever since been relegated to being on the checking line. If the question was "pick one for this team" I would have to take Gunnarson, however, since this defence core is really shallow. But, like a lot of you, in a vacuum, I would take Kulemin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad