More Underrated? [Gunnar or Kule]

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kulemin isn't underrated, everyone knows what he brings.

Gunner is a bit over-rated at this point now. Funny how a player can go from under-rated to over-rated.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Gunner underrated? The guy is total garbage. He's overrated soooooooooo much by us

Asif16*

Kulemin and its not even close. I like gunnar but we need an upgrade on defense badly.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
How is Gunnarsson over-rated? No one thinks he should be playing in the top pairing or anything. Everyone knows he's a 2nd pairing at best. No one on this team can be over-rated, because there's always some one to complain about a player...

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
How is Gunnarsson over-rated? No one thinks he should be playing in the top pairing or anything. Everyone knows he's a 2nd pairing at best. No one on this team can be over-rated, because there's always some one to complain about a player...
he's overrated because there are plenty of people on here who think he's a good dman.

go read if you don't believe me.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Gunnarsson is an odd case. He doesn't do any one thing particularly well, but he also doesn't do any one thing particularly awful. He's the biggest "meh" on the team.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
I votes kulemin, but I think hes more likely to go with contract expiring and bottom 6 rw's able to fill his spot year. Though they couldnt fill his shoes I think itll be a dollar and cents thing.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
I think we've discussed Kulemin being underrated to the extent that it is no longer true.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Both overrated, IMO.

Not sure how to answer the question.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Gunnarsson's been getting his name dragged through the mud for the first four games this season pretty much non-stop when he hasn't even been that bad. He and Phaneuf have been keeping their opposing lines in check all four games now.

Plekanec line, Giroux line, Spezza line, Duchene line have all been held pointless and while a lot of it has to do with how good Phaneuf has been, Gunnarsson has been doing his job as well. Though he did have a rough last game.

Kulemin is not underrated around here but to the general casual Leaf fanbase and outside, he is.

Anyways, I'm saying Gunnar because of how everyone is already talking about him this season.

Offspring

Feb 13, 2010
This poll is weird.

Whoever is losing the poll would technically be more under-rated (since I think they're both pretty talented) so they should get more votes...until they surpass the other guy which now makes him under-rated.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
he's overrated because there are plenty of people on here who think he's a good dman.

go read if you don't believe me.

I have yet to see anyone say he's a top 2 defenseman.. He'd be fine plaiyng 3rd or 4th. So not sure how he's over-rated..

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Gunnarsson is a weird one. People seem to think he's either a rock on the back end or complete garbage. I'm kinda in the middle. I see him as a guy who's makes few mistakes, which makes him a solid guy to have as a #4-6 defenceman, but he doesn't do anything that makes the team better either. I still think getting someone to play with Dion might be the most important thing Nonis could do for this team.

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS
I feel as though Gunnar and Bozak are the last reminents of the crap Leafs.

They honestly symbolize our former mediocrity.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Gunnarsson is a weird one. People seem to think he's either a rock on the back end or complete garbage. I'm kinda in the middle. I see him as a guy who's makes few mistakes, which makes him a solid guy to have as a #4-6 defenceman, but he doesn't do anything that makes the team better either. I still think getting someone to play with Dion might be the most important thing Nonis could do for this team.

This is exactly it.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I appreciate what each brings but how can either them be under rated based on what each is paid?

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Man, I'm glad so many are seeing what I see- Gunnar is vastly overrated. I don't really think Kule is underrated, he's a very solid player, but with no offense, he's not underrated, IMO.

Totally agree with this. I don't think he's good but don't think he's horrible. He's a decent stay-at-home D, nothing more

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I've never seen why Gunnarsson gets the hype he does. So like others have said, he's overrated.

I wouldn't call Kulemin underrated -- under appreciated is better. You win with guys like him and those are tough to replace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad