More teams travelling by bus in 2021 season?

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
I'm curious if we could see more bus travel as a way to cut costs and also possibly as a way to limit exposure in airports which are COVID hotbeds.

Of course, there is no way we'll be seeing a bus trip from Winnipeg to Toronto. But maybe Ottawa to Toronto? And do teams really need to fly between Montreal and Ottawa?

On the topic: Is there any agreement with NHLPA about teams requiring a chartered jet for a road trip over X amount of miles/kilometers?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Or train down to Washington DC?

Really depends on distance between teams.

Anaheim - LA -- less than an hour travel (traffic notwithstanding).

San Jose to anywhere - realistically have to fly. Same for rest of the proposed West division. Central - flying required for most.

Teams are often flying out of charter terminal, not public terminal.

PurpleMouse

Apr 27, 2014
I'm curious if we could see more bus travel as a way to cut costs and also possibly as a way to limit exposure in airports which are COVID hotbeds.

Of course, there is no way we'll be seeing a bus trip from Winnipeg to Toronto. But maybe Ottawa to Toronto? And do teams really need to fly between Montreal and Ottawa?

On the topic: Is there any agreement with NHLPA about teams requiring a chartered jet for a road trip over X amount of miles/kilometers?

Do teams necessarily fly those routes under regular circumstances? I seem to recall seeing pictures of players boarding trains when the Sens & Habs played in the playoffs.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
Seems unlikely that teams are just hanging out with a bunch of random Joes in an airport waiting for their flight.

The only time that happens is when they are flying cross-border. And that's likely out for this season.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

They have taken the train a few times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->