Speculation: More senators moves this year

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I mean, you could easily look at the upcoming UFAs and bigger contract players and just assume he will ship them out or they will walk, but Melnyk cant ice a team of 16 ELC players or rookies and hit the cap floor, he doesnt and wont ever have a Toews, Kopitar, Price, etc type contract on his team to eat up large chunks of cap.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I'd expect that the Canes have checked in but they could get more serious about moves after camp to find out:

Pesce's health (to see how tradeable Faulk is)
Is Aho / Necas ready to play center?
Is Zykov, Maenalanen, or another prospect ready to play wing every night?
How does the goal-tending look?
How much does Aho want?
The last two play in to how much we are able to spend on offense going forward.

I would like to have Duchene if Aho/Necas just dont look comfortable playing center. Stone would a great addition now on the right side of Necas with Ferland playing LW.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
One of these days the NHL is going to introduce a "Biggest A** **** Award." They will call that award The Melnyk, and nobody will ever win it because Eugene Melnyk will never die, and his collection of Melnyks will be outstanding.

That kind of award can have no other name than the Harold Ballard Memorial Award. The trophy will be a golden paper bag with eye holes.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Those aren't eye holes.
tobey-maguire_351862.png

Reactions: Tall Morty

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
In the most uncomfortable NHL owner interview I've ever seen Melnyk tries to subtly drop the note that next year the roster will consist of 15-16 "new" guys or rookies.

That being said, who else are candidates to bolt or be traded besides karlsson, stone, Duchene, and Ryan?

Eugene Melnyk and Mark Borowiecki’s one-on-one interview on the state of the Senators is cringeworthy

I dont have any Twitter links or hard evidence, but I have a good friend from my childhood who is very connected with the Ottawa Senators, and apparently this video was released to prepare for a Karlsson trade. Supposedly within the next 48 hours. Take it for what it is, but that kind of makes sense after seeing this.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Duchene said he would love to stay in Ottawa but I would have to think if Stone and Karlsson and maybe Ryan and Pageau get moved, he wouldn't stay. Also veteran Zack Smith should be moved,Gaborik should be moved,possibly Ceci as well

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Melynk doesn't know what he is talking about half the time. I wouldn't take much of what he says to heart. Yah we are going to have 16 new faces in the lineup next year. LOL Lets just trade Stone, Duchene, Dzingel, Pageau, Karlsson, Ceci, Smith, Pyatt, Ryan, Bodekar..... Nutcase.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
But Melnyk cant ice a team of 16 ELC players or rookies and hit the cap floor. He doesnt and wont ever have a Toews, Kopitar, Price, etc type contract on his team to eat up large chunks of cap.

He does have retained salary for Phaneuf and I can't see anyone being interested in Gaborik's salary ($4.875 AAV), but he'll have trouble hitting the cap floor with 15 or 16 ELCs.

Melynk doesn't know what he is talking about half the time. I wouldn't take much of what he says to heart. Yah we are going to have 16 new faces in the lineup next year. LOL. Nutcase.

Good point. Senators only have $38.8 m committed to 11 players for the 2019-20 season. They may have trouble hitting the cap floor if they have 15 or 16 ELCs on the team. LOL.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
wouldnt mind a marleau boedker swap between toronto and ottawa
toronto getting the lesser but younger player and ottawa getting good vet and mentor for the kids.
If ottawa were to retain and really make it worthwhile for toronto could add a decent amount

marleau 2 years at 6.25
vs
boedker 2 years at 4 mil(could be as cheap as 2 mil)

doubt it happnens cause it would be slap in the face to marleau and after we recruited him.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I dont have any Twitter links or hard evidence, but I have a good friend from my childhood who is very connected with the Ottawa Senators, and apparently this video was released to prepare for a Karlsson trade. Supposedly within the next 48 hours. Take it for what it is, but that kind of makes sense after seeing this.
What??? You're saying that Melnyk has to prepare Sens fans of a Karlsson trade? That's one of the dumbest things I've heard lately. Nobody will be shocked when Karlsson is traded. The shock will be if he isn't traded.
This video was a blatant attempt by Melnyk to save his team, hoping to increase season ticket sales from their current number of 4000... nothing else. The guy is trying to put lipstick on a pig.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He looked like such a **** bag, who the hell wears team jerseys in a sit down interview? Guy is a total punk.
He’s too cheap to buy an adidas jersey. That chooch was wearing a Reebok jersey.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
What??? You're saying that Melnyk has to prepare Sens fans of a Karlsson trade? That's one of the dumbest things I've heard lately. Nobody will be shocked when Karlsson is traded. The shock will be if he isn't traded.
This video was a blatant attempt by Melnyk to save his team, hoping to increase season ticket sales from their current number of 4000... nothing else. The guy is trying to put lipstick on a pig.
It was absolutely pandering to the fanbase for sure. He's trying damage control as much as possible so that he doesn't only geta 10k turnout on opening night. It's a fake attempt to appear vested in turning around the team and a ploy for people to keep paying their hard earned money to watch the last place team in the league so he doesn't lose more money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->