Post-Game Talk: More questions than answers, Jets season over

DREGER21

Mar 26, 2018
I'd been telling my STH partner since early November that PM has to stop playing #55 and #26 on the PK.... they were seeing 23-25 minutes TOI every game... good for a 40 game season.. but not an 82 game season. Lowry / Tanev / Copp are good on the PK... Roso & Ehlers have the potential to excel on the PK with more exposure due to their speed. I think back to James Wright.... perhaps not familiar to everyone. Couldn't score to save his life but was our best PK game in and game out. Back then we were missing the overall offensive talent. To an extent Burmi was also great on the PK.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
What really drove me crazy was the fact that Maurice put out Wheeler and Scheifele to defend one goal leads when the other team had pulled their goalie over and over again.
Two problems with that.
1) they are among the worst defenders on the team.
2) it shows a definite favouritism toward two players to prop up their point totals.
What message does that send to other players? To guys like Tanev that give it their all every single minute.
Not to mention that they would both be gassed at that point in the game.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Meh, Trouba can get out of here, go toil in Detroit with a sub par team. I’m very excited about who/what Chevy can get for #8.
Couldn't agree more.

We are a lesser team without him but he wants out...what can you do?

I was often left with a sense of wanting a bit more out of Trouba when watching him play.

Maybe it's just me.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Lol I don’t think wearing the baseball cap of a team from another city is indicative of anything at all. That being said, there are obviously many other signs pointing to Trouba being on the way out - that goes without saying. Hopefully Chevy maximizes the return in that trade, because Trouba will draw significant interest from teams around the league. Young first-pairing D who just entered his prime and coming off a 50-point season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lol I don’t think wearing the baseball cap of a team from another city is indicative of anything at all. That being said, there are obviously many other signs pointing to Trouba being on the way out - that goes without saying. Hopefully Chevy maximizes the return in that trade, because Trouba will draw significant interest from teams around the league. Young first-pairing D who just entered his prime and coming off a 50-point season.
Chiarot wore a Red Sox cap. He would love to stay in Winnipeg.

But I agree that Trouba seems destined to be out of town...

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Then we traded him. Good.

As long as we don't stupidly keep him as an "own rental"

I don’t think we will. The return for Trouba (considering he’s for sure gone after next season) would surely outweigh the pros of keeping him one more season as a “rental”. Plus, there’s the much needed cap-space that will be cleared by trading him.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Chiarot wore a Red Sox cap. He would love to stay in Winnipeg.

But I agree that Trouba seems destined to be out of town...

The cap doesn't matter. But his answer to the question in his exit interview was pretty darned telling! :D

Reactions: Mbraunm

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I liked Ehlers, Lowry and Copp exit interviews. I missed Tanev, JoMo, Trouba's so I'll have to go back and watch them later.

I didn't care that much for Wheeler's put to much blame on youth and inexperience. Mark really didn't say much of anything other then about them not meeting expectations.

Reactions: Board Bard

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So the injury list that we know of:

Ehlers played with a leg fracture game 6.

Laine played with a bad back and groin.

Tanev with a broken finger

JoMo's shoulder wasn't at 100%

Anyone else Im missing?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I don’t think we will. The return for Trouba (considering he’s for sure gone after next season) would surely outweigh the pros of keeping him one more season as a “rental”. Plus, there’s the much needed cap-space that will be cleared by trading him.

I'm hoping man, I really am.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I liked Ehlers, Lowry and Copp exit interviews. I missed Tanev, JoMo, Trouba's so I'll have to go back and watch them later.

I didn't care that much for Wheeler's put to much blame on youth and inexperience. Mark really didn't say much of anything other then about them not meeting expectations.

He blamed youth and inexperience?? Yikes.

None

Feb 22, 2012
So the injury list that we know of:

Ehlers played with a leg fracture game 6.

Laine played with a bad back and groin.

Tanev with a broken finger

JoMo's shoulder wasn't at 100%

Anyone else Im missing?

Not as important going into the playoffs but Brossoit said he had a lingering hamstring strain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->