More punch to the slapshot

tikkanen5rings*

I took a hollowshaft stick. Made a stop piece half way of the shaft. Added a 300 gram lead weight. It takes a while to get use to it, but once you get used to it. It will make your slapshot go BOOM!!! Could this ever be legal in Hockey? Im thinking defencive guys with special sticks for powerplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

gud

Mar 29, 2010
One thing the should do is have hollow sticks with lead weights on top of a steel spiral. It would add some real power to slashes. Seldom do you see a player go down because of a slash.

tikkanen5rings*

One thing the should do is have hollow sticks with lead weights on top of a steel spiral. It would add some real power to slashes. Seldom do you see a player go down because of a slash.

I have no idea what u talkin bout. But this is a real working invention. It will make the hard slapshot WAY harder!

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I have no idea what u talkin bout. But this is a real working invention. It will make the hard slapshot WAY harder!

He's saying that hockey sticks are used for some things other than taking slapshots.

If you slash someone with a stick that has a lead weight in it you're going to start breaking bones.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
We don't need to make the slapshots any harder. Guys can already move the net when they hit the post. Imagine if we make the shots harder and it hits someone.

gud

Mar 29, 2010

So that the weight rides on top of the spiral. When you swing the stick it will collapse, the weight will accelerate towards the bottom. It would give a lot of extra power :)

There are some drawbacks though, apart from becoming some kind of riot weapon :D In general I think you would want a stick that weighs as little as possible, because it is easier to control and probably "faster". I would guess also that a quick release is often more important than the actual speed of the shot.

tikkanen5rings*

So that the weight rides on top of the spiral. When you swing the stick it will collapse, the weight will accelerate towards the bottom. It would give a lot of extra power :)

There are some drawbacks though, apart from becoming some kind of riot weapon :D In general I think you would want a stick that weighs as little as possible, because it is easier to control and probably "faster". I would guess also that a quick release is often more important than the actual speed of the shot.
1st. There is no spiral what the hell are you talking about?
(I do realize it collapses. Thats why I made the stop piece.)
2nd This invention was only made for the blueline shots.
It will increase the power of slapshot so a smaller player can have a Chara shot.
3rd I didn't pay much attention to quick releace. So you are right about that one.

Analyzer*

A hollow hockey stick would be a good way to move narcotics across the boarder

Rush22*

Having perfect form (getting low) and an efficient wind-up combined with getting good torque into your shaft will beat any weight/gimmick you can come up with.

Also you are not going to score many goals when the goalie will have ample time to react to you swinging that battle ax around. Receiving passes and getting a quick stick on the puck would be awful.

If a heavier stick was an advantage then you would see more NHL defensemen going for that style of stick... but everyone is looking for the lightest stick that has the proper flex to increase velocity on a shot.

Ducksgo*

He's saying that hockey sticks are used for some things other than taking slapshots.

If you slash someone with a stick that has a lead weight in it you're going to start breaking bones.

I'll tell you this much if he slashes my stick or at my feet with that stick and a lead weight imma whoop his ass. And im sure im not the only one who is thinking this.

gud

Mar 29, 2010
Having perfect form (getting low) and an efficient wind-up combined with getting good torque into your shaft will beat any weight/gimmick you can come up with.

Also you are not going to score many goals when the goalie will have ample time to react to you swinging that battle ax around. Receiving passes and getting a quick stick on the puck would be awful.

If a heavier stick was an advantage then you would see more NHL defensemen going for that style of stick... but everyone is looking for the lightest stick that has the proper flex to increase velocity on a shot.

I think it could be possible to have a heavy and fast blade if one restores the balance and adds extra weight to the top too. Then again, only Conan would be able to use it :D

Swords are commonly balanced at 4 fingers from the guard, pretty close to the grip. Any way further down and they become slow.

Another thing to think about is that the stick vibrates upon hitting the puck. I am certain that manufacturers have looked into this, and that they try to create a node on the blade. If you change the balance of the stick you might also destroy such a node.

Btw. to the op, I was just making a joke about the steel spiral, but if one was to make a device for to shoot a puck as hard as possible, then I think a weight on top of a spiral would work well. Of course, it would make for a stick more suitable to golf, but whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->