More points this season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
We should probably wait until Marner puts up 70 before we start comparing him to some of the best offensive producers of this generation , who are now also in their prime.

This post is all kinds of funny when you realize Marner put up 69 points last year.

He's gonna be so disappointed when he finds out he missed the cut by a single point

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
2 of those players were in the top 10 and 3 of them have been in the top 10

One of them has never reached 70 points

Marner should have the least amount t of votes if you're a rational person

Wow he missed 70 by a whole point. He could of had 90 if Bozak plus others would have scored those open net tap ins Marner gave them. Oh well maybe he can get that 1 point to hit 70 playing with Tavares to satisfy you!

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
We should probably wait until Marner puts up 70 before we start comparing him to some of the best offensive producers of this generation , who are now also in their prime.
Pretty stupid post as he had 69 pts instead of the magical 70. And I certainly hope you don't have a career in finance if you look at the past for future valuation.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

So in otherwords, your bold predictions only happen once its already happened.

Good to know!

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Quickly becoming one of the most overrated players on these boards.

He's put on muscle and is even quicker, he looks fantastic.

I voted Stamkos, but Marner is a legit answer, and if anything he's underrated - not in what he's done, but on what he could do.

Reactions: Zrinski

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

So if Marner had scored 1 more point last season, then this comparison would be valid? I've never understood these artificial plateaus that people create (e.g. a 70 point player. Is there really any appreciable difference between a player who score 69 points and one who scores 70?). That being said, I do agree that Marner has more to prove before he's placed into this elite category. He has an excellent opportunity to get there though, starting this season. We'll see how it all unfolds.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So if Marner had scored 1 more point last season, then this comparison would be valid? I've never understood these artificial plateaus that people create (e.g. a 70 point player. Is there really any appreciable difference between a player who score 69 points and one who scores 70?). That being said, I do agree that Marner has more to prove before he's placed into this elite category. He has an excellent opportunity to get there though, starting this season. We'll see how it all unfolds.
Ok call him a 70 point player if it makes you feel better.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Marchand
Stamkos
Kane
Marner

but I could see them all being within 5 points of each other.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
What? Your post was hung up on the artificial barrier of saying he hadn’t yet hit 70 points. I agreed.
The main point though is that he hasn’t come close to the point levels of any of the other guys yet.

Okay, sorry, my bad. I misunderstood, and I agree he hasn't come close to the level of the other players in this poll yet.

Anyways, the way I see this going is:

Marchand (91)
Kane (87)
Stamkos (85)
Marner (78)

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
No different from other Leaf players. Year ago we were told Marner is going to hit 90, didn't. Same story now. One year he might and then you will be hearing a lot of "told you".[/QUOTE

Who told you? The voices in your head don't count!

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Wow he missed 70 by a whole point. He could of had 90 if Bozak plus others would have scored those open net tap ins Marner gave them. Oh well maybe he can get that 1 point to hit 70 playing with Tavares to satisfy you!

He COULD of IF

Ifs and buts
Still never hit 70 and that's a fact not my opinion or projections

Reactions: dukeofjive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad