More points this season: Ottawa or Vancouver

More points this season: Ottawa or Vancouver

• Total voters

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Ottawa. Vancouver has goal tending issues and offence is not there this year.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Vancouver is practically relying on three players to produce the majority of its offense: Bo Horvat, Brock Boeser, Elias Pettersson.

Its secondary scorers are less likely to contribute on a night-to-night basis: Loui Eriksson, Sven Baertschi, Nikolay Goldobin, Brendan Leipsic.

Its bottom-six players contribute spotty offense: Markus Granlund, Sam Gagner, Brandon Sutter, Jake Virtanen, Tim Schaller, Jay Beagle, Antoine Roussel, Darren Archibald, Tyler Motte.

Last year, the defense contributed virtually no offense, and their ability to stop opposing players was highly inconsistent. The core consists of the same players from last year: Alex Edler, Chris Tanev, Ben Hutton, Troy Stecher, Derrick Pouliot, Michael Del Zotto, Erik Gudbranson, and Alex Biega.

This year's Canucks will probably be the lowest-scoring team in franchise history. Three of the team's top-five scorers from last season, the Sedins and Thomas Vanek, no longer play for the organization.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Vancouver but It's going to be historically bad for both.
Ottawa already has the worst record of all time. You think they are going to be worse than that? The worst season any team has ever had? Its incredible how little hockey knowledge most posters actually have but feel the self confidence to come and comment on things they clearly have no idea about. Yeah Ottawa is going to be bad no argument, but historically bad is not the correct desription not even close.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Ottawa already has the worst record of all time. You think they are going to be worse than that? The worst season any team has ever had? Its incredible how little hockey knowledge most posters actually have but feel the self confidence to come and comment on things they clearly have no idea about. Yeah Ottawa is going to be bad no argument, but historically bad is not the correct desription not even close.
If they move out Stone I could see it. More likely they perform around the level of the 16-17 Avs or any of the recent last-place Sabres teams. Could see them being worse tho

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If they move out Stone I could see it. More likely they perform around the level of the 16-17 Avs or any of the recent last-place Sabres teams. Could see them being worse tho
You think they will only win 9 games this season and get only 1 road win? Thats how bad they would have to be to be historically bad. I get that hockey is new to some posters but no this wont be the worst sens team of all time it wont be close. They are gonna suck but not historically.

Last edited:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
You think they will only win 9 games this season and get only 1 road win? Thats how bad they would have to be to be historically bad. I get that hockey is new to some posters but no this wont be the worst sens team of all time it wont be close. They are gonna suck but not historically.
No, I said they could be worse than the 16-17 Avs and that if they trade Stone it is feasible that they come close to the record (it would still require absolutely rotten luck and some key injuries)

Reactions: libertarian

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa at least gets to play some other bad Atlantic teams a lot. Strength of schedule favours them to finish higher. Not a lot of easy points for Vancouver.

Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Canucks are tanking from the beginning. Ottawa will fight for a bit against what is clearly inevitable doom.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Surprised so many people voted for Vancouver. They obviously haven't seen enough of our defense core.

I'm not. I think the Canucks will be better because they have better young talent with nothing to loses. The Sens may be a better talented team on paper but they will have nothing to win for. As a fan of neither team I say they the Canucks have a much better chance to do well then the Sens.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
I'm not. I think the Canucks will be better because they have better young talent with nothing to loses. The Sens may be a better talented team on paper but they will have nothing to win for. As a fan of neither team I say they the Canucks have a much better chance to do well then the Sens.

I got a nickel that says you're wrong

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

This makes...no sense. The Sens have nothing to win for? What do the Canucks have to win for? Weird statement.

Ottawa is a better team than Vancouver, no doubt. However, a lot can happen over 82 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad