More Pierre.....his snipe at Nillson yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

We all know how much Pierre was hyping Parise at the draft that year but even at the worlds he can't seem to give it up.During the game yesterday did you catch his little quip along the lines of "how do you like Nillson being picked before Parise now gord?" Funny stuff....i don't disagree with Pierre here at all as i think Parise was picked too late and is better then Nillson also but it's just great cartoons having Pierre throw that stuff in here at the world junior games.....makes for great entertainment i think.I'm really loving that stuff

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
This is kind of unrelated, but I hate the cheap shots McGuire takes at the Penguins organization.

I mean, lots of people do it, and most of the time it's warranted. McGuire just doesn't shut up about his former employer, though, and now he's getting Miller in on it too.

Reilly311

Jacobv2 said:
This is kind of unrelated, but I hate the cheap shots McGuire takes at the Penguins organization.

I mean, lots of people do it, and most of the time it's warranted. McGuire just doesn't shut up about his former employer, though, and now he's getting Miller in on it too.

He never shuts up about the Naslund deal. That's like the first thing he tells his wife in the morning each and every day.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Yesterday he was ragging on about the Russian coach being a dumbass for not putting Ovechkin with Malkin late in the game, then Miller pointed out that they just don't have chemistry, sometimes it happens, and then Pierre said something like: "Lemieux and Jagr were said not to have chemistry, but they developed some when they had to" so I don't think that he takes that many cheapshots at the Pens...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
littleHossa said:
Yesterday he was ragging on about the Russian coach being a dumbass for not putting Ovechkin with Malkin late in the game, then Miller pointed out that they just don't have chemistry, sometimes it happens, and then Pierre said something like: "Lemieux and Jagr were said not to have chemistry, but they developed some when they had to" so I don't think that he takes that many cheapshots at the Pens...
Oh, yes he does.

espo*

Reilly311 said:
He never shuts up about the Naslund deal. That's like the first thing he tells his wife in the morning each and every day.
LOL, probably does

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
cyclops said:
We all know how much Pierre was hyping Parise at the draft that year but even at the worlds he can't seem to give it up.During the game yesterday did you catch his little quip along the lines of "how do you like Nillson being picked before Parise now gord?" Funny stuff....i don't disagree with Pierre here at all as i think Parise was picked too late and is better then Nillson also but it's just great cartoons having Pierre throw that stuff in here at the world junior games.....makes for great entertainment i think.I'm really loving that stuff

he seems a little sour on the habs too.... he did colour for them on the radio side and he seems to have a grudge there.

As for Nilsson, I wasn't impressed with him.... does he ever pass the puck? I'm just asking because I've only seen him play against canada

leafaholix*

He's not too fond of the Maple Leafs either.

But I don't care.

leafaholix*

Kovy274Hart said:
Why can't this guy shut up already? He's not "God's gift" to hockey. And the Isles weren't the only team who passed up on Parise.

He's become more and more annoying.
Shut up?

He's great.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I really enjoy Pierre MaGuire. I think he's highly entertaining, and frankly, he DOES know his stuff inside out. He's a smart cookie, and while he does get a little over-excited about things (in comparison to other colour commentators), I have no problem with someone being passionate about their job.

And frankly, he's right about Nilsson, who has sucked a big, long, cold, hard one this tournament, and it seems to be, as far as I can tell, not due to lack of talent, but effort. I mean, who knows, maybe's he's hurting from something, but he's just not hustling hard on the ice it seems.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I like Pierre but then again, he loves anything NJ does. He raves about the Parise and Zajac picks and I'm sure he will rave about Vrana today :)

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
JasonMacIsaac said:
I like Pierre but then again, he loves anything NJ does. He raves about the Parise and Zajac picks and I'm sure he will rave about Vrana today :)
He is very close to the prospects side of hockey, and therefore he acknowledges when a team has made good selections. Apart from being a coach, he has also had a lot to do with scouting, so when he sees a prospect he really likes, being a commentator he has the forum to discuss what he feels while we are all listening. Frankly, I enjoy what he has to say, especially when discussing WJC and the future of prospects and how they will fill in to their NHL teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad