More Malkin Mayhem

timmy12

Jun 25, 2005
I got this from the Letsgopens board. I can't varify the translation is true, due to my lack of being able to read Russian. However, here is what the poster said

http://sport.gazeta.ru/sport/lenta/index.shtml?734368#734368

A quick translation:

"Evgeni Malkin has gone AWOL from Metallurg. As a source at the club told a gazeta.ru reporter, the forward, who came to Finland with his team to hold a training camp has left the team on Saturday with his personal belongings and travel documents. His whereabouts are unknown."

acr*

It's like he's defecting from the Soviet Union...except that he doesn't have to anymore.

patsfan29

Jul 30, 2006
Regina
from TSN.ca:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=174058&hubname=

REPORT: MALKIN LEAVES RUSSIAN CLUB

It appears the future of Evgeni Malkin has taken another bizarre twist.

According to Reuters, the Russian news agency Itar-Tass is reporting that Malkin has left his Russian club Metallurg Magnitogorsk during training camp in Finland.

Malkin, who was drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins second overall in 2004 behind Alexander Ovechkin, reportedly disappeared, taking his belongings and passport with him. Earlier this week, the Russian star reworked his two-year contract with Metallurg Magnitogorsk and agreed to a new one-year deal.

Malkin has made no secret of his wishes to play with the Penguins in the National Hockey League. But the Russian Ice Hockey Federation has yet to sign a transfer deal with the NHL and Malkin has found himself in the middle of the impasse.

The previous transfer agreement would have seen Metallurg Magnitogorsk receive just $200,000 in exchange for Malkin.

Subzero

Jul 28, 2006
Colorado
Maybe he doesn't want to play for Metallurg or Pit so he left to fulfill his life long dream of becoming a ninja.:sarcasm:

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Maybe he doesn't want to play for Metallurg or Pit so he left to fulfill his life long dream of becoming a ninja.:sarcasm:

Pfft.

So did Bure.

After getting him out on a plane with Gregory Hines, he wound up screwing us later.

Effin' Russian Ninjas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->