More Kessel vs. Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
MN_Gopher said:
One reason the gophers PP is so good is Kessel. He can skate the puck from end to end and control the zone and set it up. Giving them almost a full 2min to operate. That really helps. He also posses a hard slapper that he can get off as fast as anyone. So when he gets te puck on the half boards and skates it up top, someone has to pay attention to him. He opens the PP up. When that happens our offensive minded D men can jump up in the play or sneak in for an easy tap in. And Kessel has the speed to get back in a hurry should his passes go astray. Those are all things that Towes does not bring to the table. Plus keep in mind several PP were set up by Kessel blowing through the neutral zone and catching a hook or some lazy forward holding up an on rushing wing.

And overall NoDak has 4 less goals then the gophers. Not that big at all. In conference and i think in the NCAA all comparitive stats should use only conference stats the gophers hold a 16 goal lead.

To sum it up. Yes Towes numbers would go higher if he played for the gophers. But not enough to catch Kessel's. Plus he may not even be good enough to crack the MN top PP spot either.

Ahh yes :bow: to the next next one he is overrated get over it :shakehead

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
jake1 said:
I appreciate both players, but this might not end up being accurate. A lot of scouts have watched the two this year, and they've seen Toews snipe some awfully pretty goals.

How many games have YOU watch Toews, though? He definately does not appear to be a sniper. And I've seen a ton of college hockey this year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
ceber said:
Kessel has a noticably scary wristshot. Gets off the stick quick. Very fast.

Just thought I'd share. ;)

How can it be scary when he can't even shoot in double digits? And that is against only NCAA goalies!

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
hawksfan50 said:
How can it be scary when he can't even shoot in double digits? And that is against only NCAA goalies!

Don't watch him! That wristshot... BOO! He might make you lose control of your bladder.

Transported Upstater

hawksfan50 said:

Shooting percentage is almost as worthless as +/-.

Gopher_Nut

Dec 8, 2005
Rabid Ranger said:
SOMEONE PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!! :banghead:

I agree!!!!!!!! Hawk50 started this same thread a few weeks ago. Show/bend/turn the stats into anything you want. In your mind Towes is better, we get it. Now go away.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Just some info on Toews. He was moved to center a few weeks ago(he played center for Shattuck, but was moved to wing for a long part of the year this year) and he center's Drew Stafford(sabres prospect) and Ryan Duncan(a 5'6" freshman who is very skilled). He has scored 5 goals in his last 4 games and he is the team's best faceoff man. He has won something like 57 or 58% of his draws.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Toews with another solid night. 1 goal and 2 assists in a 4-0 win over Michigan Tech.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
All I can tell you is there is no scout on the face of this planet that would suggest Toews is more of a sniper than Kessel. All players go through "slumps," even great goalscorers. Look at Bill Guerin with the Stars this year.

Kind of interesting how Toews has more goals than Kessel this year and Toews is a year younger. I guess Kessel ain't playing high school or U18 anymore!

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
HabLover said:
Kind of interesting how Toews has more goals than Kessel this year and Toews is a year younger. I guess Kessel ain't playing high school or U18 anymore!

Like how Kessel has the same amout of assists as Towes has points.

jaydub*

HabLover said:
does 6 months = 1 year in quebec? :biglaugh:

ndhockey21

Aug 1, 2004
North Dakota
Toews has turned it on latley as he has 16 pts in the last 13 games...both prospects are fine players but latley Kessel hasnt done has much...we will see who has the best post season cause in the end thats all the really matters best of luck to both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad