More "Jets Gear" retail stores in the future?

GrowJetsGrow

Jan 11, 2014
East of MTS Centre
Coming across this article from 2011, when the new Jets Gear store opened at St. Vital:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/getting-into-the-retail-game-134022463.html

Chipman: "Edmonton has four (team-owned stores). We have a smaller in-arena store than the average in the league, so it was easy to make the case for an additional store. Depending on how it goes, we'll determine if we can grow beyond that. Some Canadian NHL teams have many retail outlets"

They have west Winnipeg covered (IcePlex), central Wpg (the 2 Jets Gear stores at MTSC), and south Wpg (St. Vital). Would be great to see a new Jets Gear in east and/or north Winnipeg in the coming years.

I personally never buy Jets merch at River City Sports or Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart or Giant Tiger. I'd prefer if my money went directly to support the team.

Mighty Joe Moon

Jun 5, 2011
Lockport
They need one in the North somewhere. KP has a pretty large River City. I realize Garden City Mall is a toilet, but I find myself at West Acres Mall way more often than St. Vital Mall. IcePlex? Never. A Jets Gear at GC will help de-toilet (?) the place. I buy most of my gear at the game itself. Whatever the deal of the day is, but at that point I'm not really into carrying a whole lot of merch, so they definitely aren't getting full value from me as a consumer.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I agree
They need one in north/east kildonan. I live near KP and the closest one is probably the arena.
I am not making a special trip down town for just that store.
Maybe they should take over the soon to be old river city sports building on Henderson.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
The nice thing about RiverCity Sports is they do have a tone of Jets gear for kids, infants, ladies, non-apparel etc. The Jet's store at MTS (the only one I have been to) is pretty much straight apparel with a few little odds and ends (foam fingers, mini sticks etc.). I'd have no problems going to a Jets Store if they had the same selection as River City Sports. Also they need some Big and Tall stuff. I wonder where Buff gets his gear from. They should have some left over stuff from his 300+ lb days :sarcasm:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
The nice thing about RiverCity Sports is they do have a tone of Jets gear for kids, infants, ladies, non-apparel etc. The Jet's store at MTS (the only one I have been to) is pretty much straight apparel with a few little odds and ends (foam fingers, mini sticks etc.). I'd have no problems going to a Jets Store if they had the same selection as River City Sports. Also they need some Big and Tall stuff. I wonder where Buff gets his gear from. They should have some left over stuff from his 300+ lb days :sarcasm:

They also (and this goes for all NHL) need women's clothing that's NOT made to fit Asians with small boobs. I'm not the skinniest woman but even if I were I'd still have big honkers and the XL women's tshirts don't flipping fit

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
They also (and this goes for all NHL) need women's clothing that's NOT made to fit Asians with small boobs. I'm not the skinniest woman but even if I were I'd still have big honkers and the XL women's tshirts don't flipping fit

I think women look better in jets gear that is a few sizes too small..... I fully support TNSE strategy of forcing our female followers into tighter fitting apperal. If you don't agree with me shame on you!

:P

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think women look better in jets gear that is a few sizes too small..... I fully support TNSE strategy of forcing our female followers into tighter fitting apperal. If you don't agree with me shame on you!

:P

As much as I do like that (as I am sure women love seeing Matthew McConaghey and Liam Hemsworth in tight fitting shirts) I certainly don't want to be held to the below standard as my only option.
images

The would not look as good on me, I can guarantee.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Agreed. An XL shirt makes me look like Shania Twain performing whenever I move (I'm 6'6). They have very little that's 2XL or larger, River City and other retailers have more selection in that regard.

I don't know if all NHL gear is the same, but I find the Jets T-shirts I own to be of very poor quality, and it's not like I didn't pay $35 for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad