More great photos in hockey history you've just seen for the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Fuhr.jpg

Robert Gordon Orr

Dec 3, 2009
And exactly for images like this, i stopped to watch the previous part. Its not such a big deal. Please, make this thread special. Not spam it with under average photos. Lemieux and Roy above is the same.

1. You have a point, but you also must remember that different people have different standards, just because you think a photo is "nothing special" does not exclude the fact that someone else think it is.

2. It is more constructive to encourage people to post their photos.

3. I posted more than 1500 photos in the previous thread, many great, but also a whole lot that probably weren't too special. But sometimes you have to live with it, that not every photo is "great" in everyones view.

4. There's a huge spread on this board when it comes to hockey knowledge and general IQ. Just because you have seen a photo before, or think it sucks, does not mean that other viewers of the thread have seen it or agree that it sucks.

5. It would be nice if you contributed to this thread in a positive way. Have you posted any "great photos" in this or the old thread?. It is easy to be negative, but many posters have invested a great deal of effort and time to research dates, posting a vast amount of photos.

As I said, you have a point, there are quite a few photos posted that aren't "great" in my view either, but I rather have some "average photos" thrown in, than no photos at all. Better to see one great photo out of ten, than no great photo at all. The purpose of threads like this is to enjoy the few gems that comes around. I've had people messaging me that I should Eat **** and die and that I am an ***hole, just for posting photos. Yes, the IQ level is low in some places, but if you don't like a thread, then: a) don't visit it, or b) post your version of "great photos", it's really not that complicated.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
1. You have a point, but you also must remember that different people have different standards, just because you think a photo is "nothing special" does not exclude the fact that someone else think it is.

3. I posted more than 1500 photos in the previous thread, many great, but also a whole lot that probably weren't too special. But sometimes you have to live with it, that not every photo is "great" in everyones view.

4. There's a huge spread on this board when it comes to hockey knowledge and general IQ. Just because you have seen a photo before, or think it sucks, does not mean that other viewers of the thread have seen it or agree that it sucks.

5. It would be nice if you contributed to this thread in a positive way. Have you posted any "great photos" in this or the old thread?. It is easy to be negative, but many posters have invested a great deal of effort and time to research dates, posting a vast amount of photos.

As I said, you have a point, there are quite a few photos posted that aren't "great" in my view either, but I rather have some "average photos" thrown in, than no photos at all. Better to see one great photo out of ten, than no great photo at all. The purpose of threads like this is to enjoy the few gems that comes around. I've had people messaging me that I should Eat **** and die and that I am an ***hole, just for posting photos. Yes, the IQ level is low in some places, but if you don't like a thread, then: a) don't visit it, or b) post your version of "great photos", it's really not that complicated.

Relax. I actually like it. But as i said, i was a little bid annoyed with many, and that is my opinion, average and not so great photos, that doesn't reflect the original idea of this thread.
And to the point 5 - yes, i wanted to help, so i posted photo, another and then another.

All i want is, that this thread will be something special.

Reactions: VanIslander

Robert Gordon Orr

Dec 3, 2009
Relax. I actually like it.

I'm very relaxed, I hope you are too.

But as i said, i was a little bid annoyed with many, and that is my opinion, average and not so great photos, that doesn't reflect the original idea of this thread.

Ok, fair point, hopefully people will post "great photos" all the way.

And to the point 5 - yes, i wanted to help, so i posted photo, another and then another.

Good, keep em' coming.

All i want is, that this thread will be something special.

We can all strive for that. I think I've done my share. Hopefully this thread will continue with more great photos. So many photos have been posted in the past, that we see quite a lot of them being re-posted.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
And exactly for images like this, i stopped to watch the previous part. Its not such a big deal. Please, make this thread special. Not spam it with under average photos. Lemieux and Roy above is the same.

That must have been so frustrating in the previous part when you would have opened the thread and then seen a photograph that didn't meet your personal definition of special. You can never get those seconds back, they're just gone.

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.

Obviously when 1500 photos are posted, you will have the best, the worst and the favourites.

Reactions: Tarantula

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
One of my all time favorites. Hope it's special to at least one other person also...
(Don Marshall - Phil Goyette - Punch Imlach - Roger Crozier - Reg Flemming. Year #1 of Sabres..)
3a78b28b205b8b62eada6d34a0fe2561.jpg

Can't believe Crozier still looked young here. He aged 20 years in 5 in Buffalo...

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
One of my all time favorites. Hope it's special to at least one other person also...
(Don Marshall - Phil Goyette - Punch Imlach - Roger Crozier - Reg Flemming. Year #1 of Sabres..)
View attachment 132043

Can't believe Crozier still looked young here. He aged 20 years in 5 in Buffalo...

These sweaters look fantastic. Almost like silk. This is exactly how this team should look right now.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I watched the 2006 Olympic gold-medal game on T.V. but
I don't recall ever seeing this great victory celebration photo:
(cover page worthy)

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
View attachment 132043

When I was 11 I had to give an oral book report to the class. I chose "Hockey is a Battle" by Punch Imlach. I doubt that I read all of the book. I recall I brought an old hat that looked like Punch's hat to school that day.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
When I was 11 I had to give an oral book report to the class. I chose "Hockey is a Battle" by Punch Imlach. I doubt that I read all of the book. I recall I brought an old hat that looked like Punch's hat to school that day.
I have that book. It's in my library at home (took it from my mom's second husband back when I was a kid in the 70's). You know, I've never read it. Now all of a sudden I want to.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA

Funny, cleaned out my closet and found a old copy of that book that a family friend gave me as a kid mid 70's. Haven't read it in decades, likely will go through it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad