More goals this year: James Neal vs. Brayden Schenn

Who finishes with more goals this year?

• Total voters

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They sit 2nd and 3rd in goals respectively so far. Neal has 10 goal in 12 games, Schenn has 9 goals in 12 games.

Schenn had 17 in 72 games last year and 28 in 82 the year before.

Neal had 7 in 63 games last year and 25 in 71 the year before.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Neal’s variable is whether or not he plays with McDavid/Draisaitl

Schenn is a better all around player so I’ll take him

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I’ll go Neal, he plays on the oilers top PP, if he starts to play with McDavid or Drai at even strength that’s a bonus. The biggest reason I go Neal is cause Tarasenko’s out for the year now and that’s a huge blow for Schenn.

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
His pace will definitely slow down but he's playing under pretty special circumstances, especially compared to Schenn.
he's gotten 8 of his 11 goals on the power play. that's not sustainable whatsoever. the player who led the league in pp goals last season is a far superior player than neal and only managed 20 ppg.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
he's gotten 8 of his 11 goals on the power play. that's not sustainable whatsoever. the player who led the league in pp goals last season is a far superior player than neal and only managed 20 ppg.
You don't necessarily have to be an elite or even good player to cash in on the powerplay. I clearly said he wouldn't keep up at his current pace, but acknowledged that playing with Draisaitl and McDavid on the powerplay and possibly at even strength (I believe Kassian is on their line) is a distinct advantage he has over Brayden Schenn.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Schenn is the better player and actually brings something in the playoffs, Neal has been a passenger on a lot of great teams and the beneficiary of playing with many elite players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad