Online Series: More Dune from Denis Villeneuve

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So on top of the movie that is currently being shot, looks like Denis Villeneuve will be directing a series ordered by Warner Brothers for their streaming service called Dune: The Sisterhood

Set in the universe of Frank Herbert’s epic “Dune” novel series, “Dune: The Sisterhood” is told through the eyes of a mysterious order of women known as the Bene Gesserit. Given extraordinary abilities by their mastery of the body and the mind, the Bene Gesserit expertly weave through the feudal politics and intrigue of The Imperium, pursuing plans of their own that will ultimately lead them to the enigmatic planet Arrakis, known to its inhabitants as Dune.
Villeneuve will direct the pilot with Jon Spaihts set to write. Spaihts and Villeneuve also co-wrote the screenplay for the film reboot along with Eric Roth. Villeneuve and Spaihts will executive produce with Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt and Kim Herbert for the Frank Herbert estate. Kevin J. Anderson will co-produce. News of the series is in keeping with Legendary’s plans to expand the “Dune” franchise to a multitude of platforms.

‘Dune’ Series Ordered at WarnerMedia Streaming Service, Denis Villeneuve to Direct

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
More dude just reads like too much man.

Also TIL Warner Bros is getting in the streaming game too. This is all gonna collapse someday.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I doubt even Villeneuve can salvage a series ran by WB.

There is so much garbage today. We need a good old fashioned industey crash to flush all the crap down the drain.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I've never liked the Bene Gesserit and could do without them in Dune. I'm not excited for a series devoted to them. Maybe it'll make them interesting for once, but I won't hold my breath.

This is the first that I've heard of a Kim Herbert. Aw, she's Brian's daughter. Her only credits on IMDb are Executive Producer for the movie and this series.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad