Moore v Bertuzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
McDonald19 said:
I think he has a good case to get a few million out of Bertuzzi.

A good case of "Bertuzzi you took away all the millions I would have made playing in the NHL for years to come and now im taking some of yours"

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
quat said:
And the timing is impecable! Let's all talk about poor Steve Moore.
Once again it was the perfect time. He did not let this whole thing get in the middle of the talks to save the NHL. Now that the talks are done and the season is cancelled he has come out with this.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Once again it was the perfect time. He did not let this whole thing get in the middle of the talks to save the NHL. Now that the talks are done and the season is cancelled he has come out with this.

Yup... and the fact that there is more attention focused on the NHL at this point than at any other time means it is exactly the "perfect" time.

I'm certain we'll soon see Moore in a wheel chair letting us all know how much he is suffering.

Nuff said.

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
Convenient that the suit doesn't include the NHL, the officials or the Avalanche coaching staff, or more specifically, Tony Granato. Everyone can call for Bertuzzi's head all they want, but until the suit includes everyone involved, this is nothing but spiteful revenge.

I Back Bertuzzi.

bluebleeder38

Feb 8, 2003
The S.T.L.
Visit site
Convenient that the suit doesn't include the NHL, the officials or the Avalanche coaching staff, or more specifically, Tony Granato. Everyone can call for Bertuzzi's head all they want, but until the suit includes everyone involved, this is nothing but spiteful revenge.

Well, if what happened to Moore had happened to me, I'd probably be seeking revenge myself.

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
bluebleeder38 said:
Well, if what happened to Moore had happened to me, I'd probably be seeking revenge myself.

Well, he is going about it the completely wrong way. By going after the Canucks exclusively, he limits his sense of wrong doing from an objective sense, in where he would be seeking damages against anyone who had potentially led to the circumstances of his injuries, to a specific spiteful sense, where he goes after those whom he sees as the wrong doers. Emotionally, that makes sense, but precedence has shown that lawsuits that have taken a more objective sense have proven more successful and generally reap more cash awards.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Moore should get maybe ten years of maximum AHL salary. I can't see Moore ever making more than $500k in a year in the NHL, and I can't see him lasting more than four years in the NHL.

On one side we have Canucks fans who think Bertuzzi is an angel and shouldn't be punished.

On the other side we have Canuck haters who just want to see Bertuzzi suffer because he scores lots of goals against their teams.

They're both wrong, obviously. If this settlement lands Moore anything more than 2 million dollars, it's ridiculous.

As a hockey fan, though, I don't think anything should have been pursued legally. Moore is selling out the sport by setting this legal precedent. It's very dangerous and stands to make the game a lot less violent and a lot more boring.

Phelan

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
He tried to put Moore out the way Moore did Nalsund. Unfortunately he did too good a job. I hope it takes Bertuzzi years to pay off the settlement.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Phelan said:
He tried to put Moore out the way Moore did Nalsund. Unfortunately he did too good a job. I hope it takes Bertuzzi years to pay off the settlement.
Here is the Denver Article for the full story

:http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~84~2718230,00.html

Previous Hockey Case back in 1975 ..

In a 1975 game in Minnesota, Boston winger Dave Forbes hit North Stars winger Henry Boucha in the eye with the butt end of his stick. Boucha suffered a crushed eye socket, and he has said he still has vision problems and pain. Forbes faced criminal charges, but a jury couldn't reach a verdict and he wasn't retried. But Boucha sued and reached a $3.5 million settlement with Forbes before the case went to trial.

Mr.Brownov*

So by filing a civil suit against Todd,is Steve Moore saying that he can never play hockey again?
IMO Todd recieved his punishment.Not only himself but the whole Canucks organisation.Steve Moore needs to join a sport,like knitting.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Mr.Brownov said:
So by filing a civil suit against Todd,is Steve Moore saying that he can never play hockey again?
IMO Todd recieved his punishment.

The guy can't do anything active because of Bertuzzi. He is going to get millions out of Bertuzzi. You can make fun of Moore all you want but he is about to be very rich.

Mr.Brownov*

I don't disagree with you there!Most NHLPA members are greedy bastards....

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Mr.Brownov said:
IMO Todd recieved his punishment.Not only himself but the whole Canucks organisation.Steve Moore needs to join a sport,like knitting.

I don't think he received his proper punishment. If Moore truly isn't able to do very much anything active in his future life, I think he is entitled to a large monetary compensation.

Mr.Brownov*

Being the whiney little beeyatch that he is,i'm sure the injuries are exagerated.I've witnessed people with more serious injuries,not even physically fit as Moore, get along with their lives just fine.

PhillyNucksFan

Dec 27, 2002
Philadelphia
I dont know how anyone of you can claim that Moore has a legit case, not even to mention he would be favoured in the case.

agree to kmad's point.

There are quite a few points that are ambiguous and open for auguing, depends on how you view it.

Personally, I think Moore has very little case if at all.

Here are a few premises to consider IMO.

1) The nature of the game
2) The cause and effect
3) Impact of the incident on both parties
4) Punitive actions that are already taken on Bertuzzi
5) Seriousness of his injury, not just to himself, but in comparison to others in the past
6) Parties involved. (You gotta be kidding me if ONE sucker punch at head and knock you on the ice will give you fracture this and that and this ON AN ENFORCER... Moore is nothing more than a 4th line fighter)
7) Maximum potential financial loss. (I dont see Moore will be getting millions of sponsorship deals)

IMO, MOST of these points would tip in favour of Bertuzzi. I am not saying Bertuzzi was right or wrong. But in a game that hardhitting and fighting is EXPECTED, especially among enforcers, Moore should be SHAMED on himself for taking this to a court.

I repear, its a shame of an enforcer taking the case of himself got beaten up to a court.

What a disgrace.

EDIT:

In addition, the fact that he ruled out NHL as a defendant is also a mistake. If he wants to sue, sue everyone, since he even included the Canucks organization, the coach, the GM (who wasnt on ice).. ? what a joke

Last edited:

PhillyNucksFan

Dec 27, 2002
Philadelphia
Boucicaut said:
I don't think he received his proper punishment. If Moore truly isn't able to do very much anything active in his future life, I think he is entitled to a large monetary compensation.

Welcome to the life of an enforcer.

Live with it.

He doesnt have the talent to be top players, so he suits up as an enforcer.

Bad things happen when 2 250 pounders fight each other.

Live with it.

That is the career he chose.

This is like saying, I want to join boxing, but I dont want to get hurt to not box ever again?

See the paradox here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad