News Article: Moore, Brassard excited for future in NY

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Well, I am ready to see where these two guys will end up. Brassard has really shown what he can do in the play-offs, and Moore is basically McDonagh-lite. These two studs have massive upside and I hope this will come out while they are wearing the beautiful blue jersey.

Punxrocknyc19*

Well, I am ready to see where these two guys will end up. Brassard has really shown what he can do in the play-offs, and Moore is basically McDonagh-lite. These two studs have massive upside and I hope this will come out while they are wearing the beautiful blue jersey.

i hope Brassard will breakout here like Voracek did for the Flyers after traded from the Jackets.. ive been a fan of Brassard since his draft year. always reminded me of a grittier tougher version of Marc Savard

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Brassard looks like he's got new life and ability. Hope we can see what it brings, after training camp and all. Same w/ Moore. I want to see that shot put to correct use :)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think getting much stronger was a key difference between where McDonagh was on draft day and where he is now. It could certainly help Moore.

We always knew McDonagh could skate and had skills, they didn't tell us he would throw people :laugh:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If dz could get stronger and be better along the board, then Moore could be used in so many more ways.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I think between Steps & Bassard we will be ok at center for a long time.

Moore really rounds out the defense corp if Staal can get back close to what he was. If not Moore becomes Staal's replacement.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Wow reading those quotes you realize how much of an influence Torts was on these young guys.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I have high hopes for both of these players. I'm not really wary of Brassard headed into next season — a guy who works as hard as he does, with his talent level, is going to find success. I think a change of scenery was all he needed.

Moore intrigues me the most — I think he has first pairing upside. His game reminds me a little of Ryan Suter, and, obviously, that's saying a lot. He has some great tools. Great skater, big shot, smart, size. He started adding a little snarl to his game in the playoffs, too.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah we did well in this trade. We lost a 40 goal scorer with a nearly 8M cap hit for basically another Top D Core pairer and a slick 2nd/3rd line center... And finally some tenacity with Dorsett on the 4th line, not to mention the guy has tons more speed than Prust did, and is able to create his own chances.

Need Haley and Asham to run the 4th line as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad