Signing(s): Montrezl Harrell signs with the Lakers (2 years, $19 million)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's overrated but this is a good deal for the Lakers.

We're seeing why last year was the year to beat the Lakers. They threw all their assets at AD, signed Green to a big deal, and then had to sign a bunch of random dudes to fill out their roster. Now they replace Rondo and Howard with Schroder and Harrell. The Matthews addition probably cancels out the loss of Green. It's going to be a lot tougher to beat them now assuming LeBron doesn't lose a step.

Reactions: grentthealien

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kawhi is so opting out at the end of the season.

Imagine they lose him and PG. Cant even rebuild with OKC essentially owning all of their picks. No up and comers either to soften the potential blow.

How did he get only an MLE?

Oh wait, Rich Paul. :rolleyes:

Same reason Ray Allen got the MLE. A chance to win a championship and play with LeBron.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
was not expecting this

he's an obvious upgrade over dwight offensively but how's his defense? @SJSharks39 ?
He’s just straight effort. He will give 150% every time he is on the floor. With that said he is real undersized for a center but doesn’t really play the game of a 4. Defense is questionable but I wouldn’t necessarily call him a liability.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Same reason Ray Allen got the MLE. A chance to win a championship and play with LeBron.

Ray Allen was in the twilight of his career and already earned his money. Harrell is 26 and on his first free agent contract. Completely different situations.

Is there an allure of the Lakers and winning a championship? Sure. But he could, and should, have earned more. I don't think you leave money on the table at this point in your career unless you have assurances from your agent that you'll get the money from somewhere else. There's a conflict of interest with Rich Paul and the Lakers, but I guess that's just the reality of the modern NBA.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Ray Allen was in the twilight of his career and already earned his money. Harrell is 26 and on his first free agent contract. Completely different situations.

Is there an allure of the Lakers and winning a championship? Sure. But he could, and should, have earned more. I don't think you leave money on the table at this point in your career unless you have assurances from your agent that you'll get the money from somewhere else. There's a conflict of interest with Rich Paul and the Lakers, but I guess that's just the reality of the modern NBA.
how is there a conflict of interest?

rich paul is an agent, not the lakers GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad