GDT: Montreal @ Winnipeg |8:00pm Eastern Time | "THE WALKING DEAD IS BACK!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Again, i'm pissed that Tinordi is benched. Yes, he wasn't our best d-man, but he needs to play.

Martin McGuire was mentioning that the Jets will be seeking to punish our smaller players. If that's the case, Tinordi should have been in there -- it's not just about his size but he has a mean streak to go with it. Keeps opposition players honest.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Jets are no bigger or tougher than the Habs. Punishment can work both ways. Beaulieu is 6'3 and is no slouch. Habs will be fine.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Martin McGuire was mentioning that the Jets will be seeking to punish our smaller players. If that's the case, Tinordi should have been in there -- it's not just about his size but he has a mean streak to go with it. Keeps opposition players honest.

This is a myth. He didn't keep anybody honest in the playoffs. I agree that if you're calling up youth, you should play it, but Beaulieu slotting in isn't a bad thing either.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
New goal celebration gif (thanks to whoever made it, I think it was Pyretta):

m9qgw3.jpg

Deaner

Oct 9, 2011
Assuming I didn't get scammed on kijiji, this will be my only game of the season. Will be wearing my Subban jersey and considering I'm already 4 beers in, should be just as yappy and belligerent as Norris himself. Well, maybe not too yappy, as I'm going solo so won't have anybody to back me up should I irritate my section-mates too much.

5-2 good guys - Markov, Galchenyuk X2, Briere, Pacioretty and PK puts his back into Wheeler and Wheeler into next week.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is a myth. He didn't keep anybody honest in the playoffs..

Tinordi's play right now is a lot more assertive than it was in the playoffs last year, where he looked gun-shy during his very first NHL games. Hardly a good place to draw comparisions. He's shown better awareness and is more inclined to punish with his physical play this year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I honestly don't give a ****. I'd take him on my team all day, everyday.

One can only hope his immaturity makes him available. You'd get 29 suitors in a hurry.

Last edited:

Deaner

Oct 9, 2011
Kane is a total punk. Tries to come across as a gangster

Love Kane. He KO'ed Matt Cooke with a single blow - I'd say that's pretty gangster, and a public service to boot. Might even wear his jersey under PK's lest the Jets win and I get accosted ;)

Personality-wise, he seems very much like PK - young and brash, with the skills to back it up and a sky-high ceiling, and very erudite and thoughtful in interviews, and maybe misunderstood by those who only see him on Sportscentre for the controversial stuff. I think this will be a season of great success and maturation for him. He's had a couple absolutely dominant games so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad