Post-Game Talk: Montreal @ Washington | 2/20/20 | 7p ET | NBCSN/NBCW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
It's coaching. I wanted Laviolette here years ago. I wanted Laviolette when we hired Barry. I want Laviolette now. I was willing to give TR a chance since it was suggested he was the coach most responsible for our Cup push. I haven't seen one thing out of TR or his staff that shows me he has any clue.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
It's coaching. I wanted Laviolette here years ago. I wanted Laviolette when we hired Barry. I wanted Laviolette when I thought Barry was getting fired. I want Laviolette now. I was willing to give TR a chance since it was suggested he was the coach most responsible for our Cup push. I haven't seen one thing out of TR or his staff that shows me he has any clue.
I would love to see Laviolette coach this team, but I don't think Ted would pay $5 million per year for a coach. I will point out that Ted pays the Wizards coach $7 million a year and the Wizards are shit!

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Perma-banned! Just kidding. The filter is being reviewed by the powers that be. Site rules still apply, so no name calling or using swear words in a derogatory or non-inclusive tense, but using them in a sentence like, "I would appreciate if the Caps stopped playing like complete shit sooner rather than later," is appropriate.

Got it. Well so now is a good time to quote the great Reggie Watts. This team is playing like a f***-shit stack.

Reactions: Heath

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
I suspect Reirden will be one of those coaches that failed the first time as HC... then goes 5 years or so as a assistant again before getting another crack at it and makes the most of it. Seems like that it’s a route these days. Cassidy and Sullivan are some examples.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Man, I swear I logged on wanting to vent. I've just now been able to watch Caps games frequently. The first post I read in the GDT is the guy pushing for Burokovskys heroics, proclaiming we need his leadership back. Not for nothing, people accusing him of being a troll, made it all the more hilarious. Best laugh I've had in a while.

I still think Holtby is a scrub though. Anyways, we will be ok, they do this every year, sometimes multiple times it's always disconcerting but they right the ship, and they will again. They will atleast finish the season strong.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I would love to see Laviolette coach this team, but I don't think Ted would pay $5 million per year for a coach. I will point out that Ted pays the Wizards coach $7 million a year and the Wizards are shit!

Maybe Ted doesn't need to. Imagine you're a HC with a rock solid record, playoff runs, under your belt, fired in mid season. You get a second chance to coach a clear Stanley Cup contending roster that is in/near first place. Do you pound the desk for more cash, or say yes before the phone stops ringing?

Gallant or Lavi would be nuts not to take this job if Ted and BMac actually pulled that rip cord on Todd.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Haven’t posted all season because the negativity here is nauseating

That being said, if they decided to make a change, my feelings wouldn’t be hurt. Especially with all the talented coaches sitting at home. I still rather ride it out with TR but at this point, it doesn’t look great

What I will say is that i don’t like how supposed Star players are allowed to suck and take huge chunks of the season off while avoiding criticism

If Carlson comes close to a Norris, it’s an embarrassment. I have no idea how he doesn’t get the same vitriol that Mike Green did. They’re the same guy. Carlson’s lows are just so bad. He’s been the worst guy on the ice for a month. He’s horrible. But somehow he avoids any type of criticism from pundits or fans. I’d argue his play is the main reason why they suck so hard right now.

Id mention 92 as well but that’s beating a dead horse. He’s a liability.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Forsythe and Cashman need to go. They have run long past their expire dates and are just making this team worse. Carlson and Kuznetsov also need to wake the f*** up if we are paying them so much just to eat shit. Todd is on a mild leash for me but the assistants seem much more of a burden than anything else right now

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Maybe Ted doesn't need to. Imagine you're a HC with a rock solid record, playoff runs, under your belt, fired in mid season. You get a second chance to coach a clear Stanley Cup contending roster that is in/near first place. Do you pound the desk for more cash, or say yes before the phone stops ringing?

Gallant or Lavi would be nuts not to take this job if Ted and BMac actually pulled that rip cord on Todd.

Wonder if Gallant or Lavi or Bruce could be hired as an assistant coach. I think Reirden should stay, but a strong assistant should be brought in.

Pens had 2 assistant coaches that were past coaches when they won cup, and a relatively inexperienced coach.(effectively 3 head coaches).

So Reirden should be sheltered with a strong assistant coach.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
On the bright side, the 3rd line continues to play well led by Eller. Also, after the two breakaways in the first 5 mins (yikes), Gudas and Kempny actually played pretty well together and Jensen continued his better play as of late.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Just saw the highlights and saw Dilly and Carlson on the ice for 2 goals. Not a great start for our new shut down line.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Forsythe and Cashman need to go. They have run long past their expire dates and are just making this team worse. Carlson and Kuznetsov also need to wake the f*ck up if we are paying them so much just to eat shit. Todd is on a mild leash for me but the assistants seem much more of a burden than anything else right now

I'm totally not a fan of the assistants. I liked Lambert and hate seeing him with the Isles.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Wonder if Gallant or Lavi or Bruce could be hired as an assistant coach. I think Reirden should stay, but a strong assistant should be brought in.

Pens had 2 assistant coaches that were past coaches when they won cup, and a relatively inexperienced coach.(effectively 3 head coaches).

So Reirden should be sheltered with a strong assistant coach.

I don't see any real benefit here late in the season to swapping out assistants. If the roster has in fact tuned out Todd's message and are just doing their own thing (which appears to be the case), then they need new leadership, not new assistants. I mean, if they can Todd, they should can them all. But canning the assistants and leaving Todd in place won't magically change their effort level, IMO.

Reactions: Heath

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
No, literally check their post history if you don’t believe me. They rarely frequent these parts and when they do it’s to rile everyone up
That's true, but also illpack was our mvp in 2018. He/she/they posted some negativity about Ovie on the mains after being down to Columbus and Ovie got the conn smythe. He/she/they does/do anti-jinx well to the caps :naughty:

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I don't see any real benefit here late in the season to swapping out assistants. If the roster has in fact tuned out Todd's message and are just doing their own thing (which appears to be the case), then they need new leadership, not new assistants. I mean, if they can Todd, they should can them all. But canning the assistants and leaving Todd in place won't magically change their effort level, IMO.

The idea is we hire different coaches that we can use to help boost the effort level. Also, Forsythe hasnt known how to run a power play for years and has been carried by Ovechkin one timers so he needs to get the f*** out regardless. Coaching shake up and GMBM making one or two should let everyone know they need to wake up and he isnt f***ing around.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

I would like to see what a better coach could get out of this lineup. But it’s starting to look like it’s to late for that shake up. Sink or Swim with Todd 2020

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Don’t care just fix it. Dillon did not fit in game one, I’m hoping that was first game jitters. But I’m really starting to lean towards the defensive coaching. Too much talent to suck this bad on d. We have given up almost 30 more goals then the pens have and they don’t have near the d talent we have. Outlet team defensive system is broken and needs fixing quick. At least the pens lost and TB is losing, makes me feel a bit better

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Interestingly, they put Dillon on 1st pair right away. In the past they used to put new acquires on the 3rd allowing them to acclimate motivating that this helps them to succeed.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
47 points in 54 games for Kuzy. One goal shy from another 20 goals season. And i still think he suck badly lol. Seriously, i don't get it. Stats are just fine but i actually liked his game maybe 4-5 times this season. He's been meh/trash most of the year in my eyes and somehow still got 47 f**** points.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I’m so f***ing pissed we won a cup and let Trotz just go to a different team in the division. For a decade plus Ovi has had nothing but rookie coaches who doesn’t work - then Trotz comes and caps won a cup - and dumbass, cheap ass Leonsis let’s him leave to a divisional rival.

Trotz when he won the cup earned a f***ing contract to stay with this team. Leonsis being so cheap f***ed that up

illpucks

May 26, 2011
47 points in 54 games for Kuzy. One goal shy from another 20 goals season. And i still think he suck badly lol. Seriously, i don't get it. Stats are just fine but i actually liked his game maybe 4-5 times this season. He's been meh/trash most of the year in my eyes and somehow still got 47 f**** points.

He's been trash since he gave up on the twister pass imo. Confident Kuzy is unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->