GDT: Montreal vs Ottawa January 30th 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Couldn't cycle he was surrounded by two Sens.
That's fine, then throw it to the open side. Don't throw it somewhere that's going to give the Sens a 3 on 2. White was covered too. Playing it to Armstrong it better than playing it to White. A turnover behind the net is better than a turnover at the point.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Blunden... Better hockey player, faster, more size, equal fighter.

How much Blunden have you seen to think he's definitively an NHL hockey player much less has discernible talent capable of comparison with other players?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
They're calling absolutely everything both ways. It's ridiculous but it's hurt the Habs no more than Ottawa. Yelling "**** YOU" at a ref gets you 2 minutes, no idea why that would confuse anyone.

White yelled this because the thing he called him for wasn't his fault, Phillips was holding his stick and the ref gave White a roughing call...

Rehab

Jan 21, 2013
What an awful game all round. The Refs have destroyed any entertainment value through far too many calls.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Refs have been awful (for both sides). They've absolutely murdered the flow. Horrible.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Worse period of the season. It was bound to happen. Subban can't get into the line-up quick enough. Ditto Patches.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
They're calling absolutely everything both ways. It's ridiculous but it's hurt the Habs no more than Ottawa. Yelling "**** YOU" at a ref gets you 2 minutes, no idea why that would confuse anyone.

I don't care either way. I just want to watch 5-5 hockey, not pp after pp, no matter what. feels like half the game is special teams. it's annoying and kills the speed of the game, and real enjoyable hockey.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's fine, then throw it to the open side. Don't throw it somewhere that's going to give the Sens a 3 on 2. White was covered too. Playing it to Armstrong it better than playing it to White. A turnover behind the net is better than a turnover at the point.

True, but i'm still not going to make it all Eller's fault.

Can't win board battles when they're all that static.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Call me crazy, but next game I'd go with;

Bourque - Pleks - Gio
Prust - Gally - Gally
Weber - DD - Cole
Moen - Eller - Colby

Weber as a forward??? If you actually check his production as a forward, it was pretty freaking good. He scored most of his points last year when he was playing forward.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
no one is denying this, but the refs are also brutal on both sides

This is exactly it.

The Sens had worse calls in the first. Habs had worse calls in the second.

The biggest difference is Sens took advantage -- Habs did not. And that's where it stands.

Also Budaj has played well -- he's a back up -- he won't be saving your butt day in and out. He made some killer saves already this game.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
Refs are over-reffing everything. No flow to the game. Makes the game less entertaining.

Habs were never going to win every game. Now they have a wake-up call for this weekend.

Therrien won't delay or play mind games in getting Subban into the line-up (one can only hope).

Play Eller at centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad