Speculation: Montreal very interested in Pascal Dupuis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
he'll get more than that. you forgot the golden rule of hockey : "it only takes 1 crazy GM out of 30!"

Maybe but it all depends where the player wants to play at that point and it depends on the original offer from his team(the pens) and how much they offered him to keep him.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
For what he'll likely ask for in a weak UFA market? No thanks.

Some time will give this guy 4-5 mill per..

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
he'll get more than that. you forgot the golden rule of hockey : "it only takes 1 crazy GM out of 30!"

-629420_ORIGINAL.jpg

:laugh:

031112-paul-holmgren-400.jpg

:handclap:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He'd look great beside Bourque and Pleks - but I don't think his contract would be ideal. He's looking for too many years and too much money - at least I think he would be.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Pens fan, not wanting trouble. A few points:

-He doesn't rely on Crosby to score. His scoring without Crosby has been equal to or greater over the past few years.

-He is an excellent PK'r and responsible defensively, probably why Therrien likes him

-The sticking point for us resigning him is he wants 4 years in term, and it's rumored 4-5 mil in cap. If he were going for 3 x 2, or even 3 x 3 we'd give it to him in a heartbeat

This is his retirement contract, he made squat the past few years, and this is his chance to cash in.

Sensible post...he will be looking to hit the jackpot and likely get it. But being 34, Montreal can do better than give a guy who will soon be a declining asset a 4 year contract between 4-5 million per.

PunkinDrublic*

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta

Galchenyuk - Eller - Dupuis

Prust - White - Moen

:laugh: So he goes from playing on the first line in Pittsburgh, to playing the third line on the power house that is the Habs ?

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Dupuis is an other Armstrong, do not want. His scoring is very inflated, no way does he sniff those numbers here.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Bergevin is going to offer him 1yr 800k two way contract

Somebody probably made a ''Bergevin low ball'' joke already, I don't care. More seriously he could be a useful player. I'd rather have Dupuis on the team than Ryder, far better when you want to win games.

Monctonscout said:
That pretty much summarizes what the intelligent habs fanbase thinks.

At around 3 mil he is a good fit, at around 4, I don't see it. Maybe 3.5 if you really like him. Anything more than 4 years 14 mil is ridiculous.

Well said. He's a support player, he needs to be paid as such. He won't score as much without Crosby/Malkin but he's still going to be a good defensive player that can play on the top6 without looking like a tool. He would fit well with our ''three dangerous line'' philosophy, just don't play him on the powerplay.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
**** off, Therrien.

Fire this idiot already.

Dupuis sucks without Malkin and Crosby centering this piece of garbage.

Huh, what?

I probably watched the Pens only slightly less than the Habs over the last few years, and Dupuis has truly developed into a nice well-rounded winger. Maybe not the natural talent to play on a top 6, but on a third line? He'd be perfect. Great speed, great work ethic, can give you anywhere from 15 to 20 goals a year and around 40 points and one of the best two-way player in the league.

Dupuis, on a relatively short term contract (3 years at most) and under 3,5M/year would be a great deal for the Habs. Does he fit our needs? I don't know. I'd certainly prefer Clarkson so that we'd fill our hole in our top 6 while also bringing grit tot he team, but Dupuis is a fairly decent back-up plan.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Dupuis
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen

That would be the line-up, in my opinion, if Dupuis came on board. Still don't think the Habs should sign him to what will likely be his retirement contract.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
I want Iginla and Cooke. Nobody else.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Prust
Bourque - Plekanec - Iginla
Cooke - Eller - Gallagher
White - DD - Gionta

Well. We could trade those 2 small players on the 4th line too.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Why don't we just go after Horton? I mean, I am not sure he would sign here but he is only 28.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Why don't we just go after Horton? I mean, I am not sure he would sign here but he is only 28.

:laugh: at the thought of Horton signing here. Such an entitled punk.

Why would he even leave Boston, he had an army to back him up that allowed him to play pretend tough guy. I'd love to see if he will remain the same player after that.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec

Horton would become a female cat the moment he'd put on a Habs jersey. He was soft in Florida, he only plays the tough guy game on the Bruins because he's surrounded by other big neanderthals. He won't feel so tough with Desharnais and Gionta flanking him.

That, and he's going to ask for the moon which isn't worth it since I expect him to play like Benoit Pouliot here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->