Proposal: Montreal - Vancouver

Discussion in 'Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk' started by BigHabs, Oct 12, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. BigHabs

BigHabs #11

:habs

Nikita Scherbak
    Jacob De La Rose
    Xavier Ouellet/Draft pick

:nucks

Markus Granlund
    Ben Hutton

Just spit balling contracts to make it work.

Looks like value would be there based on what I see Nucks fans showing little value in granlund and Hutton at this point. The Habs take on a bit more salary but fix their forward issue.

Nucks get a bunch of younger guys who fit in with the youth they are building around in Vancouver.

2. BleedBlue14

BleedBlue14 Vinny Dunnelzo

Doesn't look like the most interesting trade but it does look feasible as long as Vancouver has roster spots for the players listed

3. Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov Registered User

I don't think this one works for Vancouver. Markus Granlund has been a useful player for Travis Green in a checking PK role.

And to give that up to just add more youngish fringe NHL wingers to a team with an abundance of youngish fringe NHL wingers already doesn't seem to make sense.

Moving Hutton I could see. Scherbak is intriguing (what is he looking like at this point? Still top 6 hope or bottom 6?) but its an area we are already loaded at. So those guys are redundant.

If the Canucks are looking for anything its some help on defense. But we have alot of bottom pair/fringe defenseman too so we'd have to move one out in a deal.

4. Qwijibo

Qwijibo Registered User

I don’t see any reason for Montreal to make this trade. Granlund is a dime a dozen middle 6 and Hutton has been regressing steadily since he broke into the league. Montreal has too many wingers but if they’re moving Scherbak it may as well be for a pick. Not redundant players that don’t fix the logjam Montreal has.

Kudo Shinichi likes this.
  5. BabyPanda

BabyPanda Registered User

Doesn’t fill either team’s needs.

6. Eagle Peninsula

Eagle Peninsula J'espère Jesperi

Meh. I used to have interest in Hutton but he's a seemingly depreciating asset. Also rather keep DLR over Granlund.

7. Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck Lose for Hughes #2

Granlund has been very solid for us in the bottom six, very good on the PK. I’d still probably do this trade though. Make that pick a 3rd?

8. dim jim

dim jim Passing the Torch

I’d do it and I like Hutton, but our coach seems to have a grudge against him.

9. Lenerdosy

Lenerdosy Registered User

Don't know to much about the Montreal prospects but sure I would do it. Granlund has found a good spot as a 3rd/4th shutdown/pker but Hutton needs to be moved. He's stagnated so much and actually regressed under our coach, if he's going to get his career back on track he needs a fresh start sooner than later.