Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Nikita Scherbak
Jacob De La Rose
Xavier Ouellet/Draft pick

:nucks

Markus Granlund
Ben Hutton

Just spit balling contracts to make it work.

Looks like value would be there based on what I see Nucks fans showing little value in granlund and Hutton at this point. The Habs take on a bit more salary but fix their forward issue.

Nucks get a bunch of younger guys who fit in with the youth they are building around in Vancouver.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Doesn't look like the most interesting trade but it does look feasible as long as Vancouver has roster spots for the players listed

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I don't think this one works for Vancouver. Markus Granlund has been a useful player for Travis Green in a checking PK role.

And to give that up to just add more youngish fringe NHL wingers to a team with an abundance of youngish fringe NHL wingers already doesn't seem to make sense.

Moving Hutton I could see. Scherbak is intriguing (what is he looking like at this point? Still top 6 hope or bottom 6?) but its an area we are already loaded at. So those guys are redundant.

If the Canucks are looking for anything its some help on defense. But we have alot of bottom pair/fringe defenseman too so we'd have to move one out in a deal.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I don’t see any reason for Montreal to make this trade. Granlund is a dime a dozen middle 6 and Hutton has been regressing steadily since he broke into the league. Montreal has too many wingers but if they’re moving Scherbak it may as well be for a pick. Not redundant players that don’t fix the logjam Montreal has.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Meh. I used to have interest in Hutton but he's a seemingly depreciating asset. Also rather keep DLR over Granlund.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Don't know to much about the Montreal prospects but sure I would do it. Granlund has found a good spot as a 3rd/4th shutdown/pker but Hutton needs to be moved. He's stagnated so much and actually regressed under our coach, if he's going to get his career back on track he needs a fresh start sooner than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad