Proposal: Montreal Trade and signings

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I’m hoping for danault next at 6yrs 5million . My theory is for the next two years the danault tatar Gallagher line will remain line #1 neutralizing the toughest matchups . In the second year tatar will be replaced. ( maybe Toffoli). This two year period allows Suzuki -Anderson - drouin to battle second lines . This would be great for Suzuki’s development. Anderson will become a permanent fixture with suzuki . Drouin has to start producing to . Kotkaniemi gets to ply his trade on line 3 with armia for several years developing a solid two way game . In years 3-4 of danaults deal you’ll see a slight transition with suzuki-Anderson’s line and danault-Gallagher’s being more of a 1a-1B scenario . The final two years of danaults pact will have him anchoring the third line . Suzuki and Anderson will anchor a line and kk will be all set to step in to a 1a-1B role with Gallagher , armia , Toffoli, caufield, drouin , new guys stepping into top six roles . This is what a drink of rum does to a guy .
Tatar is a free agent after this season. I do not see him returning if the Habs extend Danault. Tatar will not fit under the cap. Caufield on an ELC will fit the cap better.

Reactions: NewDef

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Tatar is a free agent after this season. I do not see him returning if the Habs extend Danault. Tatar will not fit under the cap. Caufield on an ELC will fit the cap better.
I was only suggesting keeping Tatar if drouin is not doing anything . Playing with suzuki and armia or Anderson should be enough talent . Failing that you try him on kk’s line .If he cannot produce on either of these two lines I would suggest moving him . Hes paid to much to be a fouth liner. It would be at that point I would think we could consider Tatar on a home town discount . Let’s hope that this is the year that drouin really steps up and produces .

Reactions: Whalers Fan

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Tatar had a horrid playoff and honestly never seems to bring his A-game for more than two or three consecutive games before falling asleep for a week or two (or five)...one of the main reasons I've been hoping to land Granlund is to replace Tatar or Drouin, since neither seem to be able to put together a consistent presence offensively (and both being a liability on the other 100 feet of the ice)...

Reactions: Husqvarna

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I admit Tatar didn’t have a great playoffs but he seems to give more of an effort than drouin . I think he was a little unlucky hitting a couple posts and crossbars . Ideally drouin steps up this year and Tatar walks in free agency. If drouin regresses I’d keep Tatar on a home town discount for One of our top 9 left wing Spots . He was our leading scorer this year .

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I admit Tatar didn’t have a great playoffs but he seems to give more of an effort than drouin . I think he was a little unlucky hitting a couple posts and crossbars . Ideally drouin steps up this year and Tatar walks in free agency. If drouin regresses I’d keep Tatar on a home town discount for One of our top 9 left wing Spots . He was our leading scorer this year .

Drouin pots 70pts + if giving the opportunity to play with a Center like Suzuki. Anderson will also most likely help that line alot creating space and be a triggeman.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Drouin pots 70pts + if giving the opportunity to play with a Center like Suzuki. Anderson will also most likely help that line alot creating space and be a triggeman.

I pray you're right but I also doubt it very highly...Drouin needs to change his game, or at least tweek it alot...he plays like he's still in junior; his "big" moves are junior moves that Therrien used to rip Chucky for...he doesn't hustle defensively most of the time...he almost looks like he avoids physicality instead of moving through it...and my biggest gripe with him is that he plays like he's far more interested in trying to make Highlight Reels instead of making plays that convert to scoring opportunities on the ice...it's not that he doesn't seem to have the tools; it's that he never had a tool box and doesn't really seem interested in getting one anytime soon...

Reactions: Bluenotes27

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Jordan Weal is still in the NHL?

Literally just checked it out today. Dude has sneakily accrued $6m career earnings. Couldn't be happier for him :D

He reminded me of Matt Read in some ways. Was always funny when Flyer fans defended Matt Read for his +CF...dude was awful. A great example of how statistics tell PART of the game and NOT all of it.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

Anderson could also wind up being the worst contract in hockey within 2-3 seasons.

Hoping for competition sake that isnt the case

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I pray you're right but I also doubt it very highly...Drouin needs to change his game, or at least tweek it alot...he plays like he's still in junior; his "big" moves are junior moves that Therrien used to rip Chucky for...he doesn't hustle defensively most of the time...he almost looks like he avoids physicality instead of moving through it...and my biggest gripe with him is that he plays like he's far more interested in trying to make Highlight Reels instead of making plays that convert to scoring opportunities on the ice...it's not that he doesn't seem to have the tools; it's that he never had a tool box and doesn't really seem interested in getting one anytime soon...
He simplified his game in the Flyers series. Played a north/south game and was really effective offensively. He and Suzuki were a threat every Tim they were on the ice. He really gained confidence.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I hope your right on . He has all the tools . Just needs to find the key to open the box .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Literally just checked it out today. Dude has sneakily accrued $6m career earnings. Couldn't be happier for him :D

He reminded me of Matt Read in some ways. Was always funny when Flyer fans defended Matt Read for his +CF...dude was awful. A great example of how statistics tell PART of the game and NOT all of it.
There was a defenseman about 3-4-5 years ago that was at the top of the charts for advanced stats but couldn’t keep an nhl job . I think he was with buffalo for a spell and maybe a team out west . Anyone help me here ?

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
There was a defenseman about 3-4-5 years ago that was at the top of the charts for advanced stats but couldn’t keep an nhl job . I think he was with buffalo for a spell and maybe a team out west . Anyone help me here ?

Jeff Finger

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Jeff Finger
:laugh:

Ah, I still recall arguing with Leaf fans who swore upside-down that Finger was a Top 4 D...and he wasn't even a Top 4 D in the minors...good times!

Reactions: ericd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad