Proposal: Montreal Trade and signings

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The fact that this doesn't work for the Rangers cap-wise aside, why do the Rangers do this deal?

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Jordan Weal is still in the NHL?

If you had the misfortune of watching a Habs game last season before the shutdown you would understand how he was still in the NHL. That team was terrible! it was fully deserving of being the 8th worst team in the league. It would have been Detroit bad if not for Price and Weber. That's why I get a good laugh out of people talking about them being some power house next season. They improved this off season but not nearly that much.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
If you had the misfortune of watching a Habs game last season before the shutdown you would understand how he was still in the NHL. That team was terrible! it was fully deserving of being the 8th worst team in the league. It would have been Detroit bad if not for Price and Weber. That's why I get a good laugh out of people talking about them being some power house next season. They improved this off season but not nearly that much.
at least the few po games multiplied the trade value of those players :thumbu:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

He was a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs, even after we traded 3 regular forwards at the deadline without getting any in return. I'm not sure if MB stole your girl or what, but most teams would be worse if you remove their best players. I guess its fun that the "Price doesn't count" argument has evolved into "Price and Weber both don't count" though.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Jordan Weal is still in the NHL?

He seems to have the ability to step up his game whenever his NHL career is on line, and then start sucking again when he has his new shiny contract, so expect him to play like a 3rd liner this year again. But seriously I would love to get rid of his ass.

Regarding the trade here, I'd do it as a Habs fan but it doesn't seem all that enticing for NYR. Lemieux is a really good spark plug to have in your bottom six, while Weal is merely a plug. Kulak is a serviceable bottom pairing dman though, would certainly be an upgrade over Jack Johnson or whoever the Rangers have in there.

Also I have no idea what we're doing with Madison Bowey but whatever.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Don’t the Rangers have to shed salary?

We don't need to shed, but we have very little wiggle room. Cap space could factor into which players get roster spots and which don't, mostly because we will exceed the bonus cushion.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
We don't need to shed, but we have very little wiggle room. Cap space could factor into which players get roster spots and which don't, mostly because we will exceed the bonus cushion.

you probably meant with the sum of POTENTIAL PERFORMANCE BONUSES?

cause they are under the cap by over 10M with 21 players sign.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
you probably meant with the sum of POTENTIAL PERFORMANCE BONUSES?

cause they are under the cap by over 10M with 21 players sign.

That's exactly what I meant. We are currently exceeding the bonus cushion by 3.95 mil. That amount will be deducted from our available cap space. We have some young players like Barron and Kravtsov who could make the team, but they both have 850k in potential bonuses, which makes everything a lot tighter.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
That's exactly what I meant. We are currently exceeding the bonus cushion by 3.95 mil. That amount will be deducted from our available cap space. We have some young players like Barron and Kravtsov who could make the team, but they both have 850k in potential bonuses, which makes everything a lot tighter.

very unique situation

don't remember seeing that.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
He was a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs, even after we traded 3 regular forwards at the deadline without getting any in return. I'm not sure if MB stole your girl or what, but most teams would be worse if you remove their best players. I guess its fun that the "Price doesn't count" argument has evolved into "Price and Weber both don't count" though.

Yes he was a healthy scratch for the playoffs. My post specifically said if you watch the regular season and how that tire fire of a hockey team played.
Coming out of the Covid lockdown play in they catch a sleepy Pittsburgh team and suddenly they are cup contenders. That seems be the theme that is being pushed now with the Habs anyways.

Not sure how you get that I discounted Price and Weber? I did mention that if it wasn't for them on the team the Habs would go on Edmonton or Ottawa expansion teams bad run.

Yes unfortunately I had to watch this team every Saturday night as the wife is a Hab's fan. So I had my fill of who was what on the Habs.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Sure

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Yes he was a healthy scratch for the playoffs. My post specifically said if you watch the regular season and how that tire fire of a hockey team played.
Coming out of the Covid lockdown play in they catch a sleepy Pittsburgh team and suddenly they are cup contenders. That seems be the theme that is being pushed now with the Habs anyways.

Not sure how you get that I discounted Price and Weber? I did mention that if it wasn't for them on the team the Habs would go on Edmonton or Ottawa expansion teams bad run.

Yes unfortunately I had to watch this team every Saturday night as the wife is a Hab's fan. So I had my fill of who was what on the Habs.
That’s so sad

Crow52

Jan 8, 2020
:habs

Jordan Weal
Brett Kulak

:rangers

Brendan Lemieux
5th round pick

Sign:

Brendan Lemieux - 2yrs 1.2mill/per
Madison Bowey - 2yrs 850k/per
What may work is Weal & Kulak to Van for Baertschi. Mtl gets a bottom 6 fwd with an expiring contract for 21-22. Van gets a bottom 6 fwd and a 3/4 pairing def. Cap hits for this year are very similar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad