GDT: Montreal @ Toronto - 730PM ET - TSN/RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Maple leaves= green, red, orange and yellow.
Maple Leafs = blue and white clowns. Out of the playoffs for so long, they forgot NHL is a Hockey League and not the UFC.

Blue is not a natural color for maple leaves or for humans. The Maple Leafs are les feuilles mortes (dead leaves). After tonight they'll also be les feuilles tombé or baissé (fallen leaves). A wind will sweep through the ACC and blow them away.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Tonight's game is big for many reasons. They need to redeem themselves after the terrible effort in the 6-0 game. Also, a win tonight in regulation puts the Habs up 5 on the Leafs (with a game in hand) and gives us more cushion from the 9th place team. And finally, tough weekend coming up against the Pens and Bruins so two points here is vital.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Blue is not a natural color for maple leaves or for humans. The Maple Leafs are les feuilles mortes (dead leaves). After tonight they'll also be les feuilles tombées (fallen leaves). The wind will take them away.

seriously, what kind of idiot names a team the "Maple Leafs" (not not Leaves as it should be) and then paicks blue and white as the team colours? Shouldn't they be green or at least red?

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Hey boys, the three amigos(Orr, McClaren, Brown) all dressing tonight now, Brown in, Steckel out.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabovski-Komarov
MacArthur-Kadri-Orr
McClaren-McClement-Brown

Goodluck.

Colton Orr (22 pts in 395 games) is playing with Nazem Kadri???

Man, we better that advantage of that.:naughty:

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008

Man, we better take advantage of that.:naughty:

Seriously. He has a career high of 6 points.

Komarov on the 2nd line, Orr on the 3rd? Shut down their top line and our skill and depth should take over.

They're preparing for a street fight, lets just win the game

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
seriously, what kind of idiot names a team the "Maple Leafs" (not not Leaves as it should be) and then paicks blue and white as the team colours? Shouldn't they be green or at least red?

The Maple Leafs say that the name was chosen in honour of the Maple Leaf Regiment from World War I.

Good luck tonight, I think you guys get the win, but would be pretty happy if I'm wrong.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

They have no offensive depth on their team. I mean, what other team in the league would have Colton Orr on their 3rd line?

Baffles me how the Habs are 12-2-3 against the rest of the league and 0-2 against the Leafs.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Toronto knows how to play against Montreal, as an habs fan, I don't think this will be a fun game to watch, hope I'm wrong.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
They have no offensive depth on their team. I mean, what other team in the league would have Colton Orr on their 3rd line?

Baffles me how the Habs are 12-2-3 against the rest of the league and 0-2 against the Leafs.
Most teams wouldn't have Orr or mclaren on there team period

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Leafs will come out strong tonight at home, hitting everything.

We have to be smart, don't take stupid penalties and major mistake and we can take this one.

Prediction: 3-1 habs

Ryder
Plekanec
Eller

Kessel

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
We seem to do better against the Leafs when we play in their building. Let's hope the trend continues tonight. 5-2 score. Ryder will pot one I'm sure.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Two contests tonight: scoresheet and fight cards. Leafs board seems focused on the second of these...

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Two contests tonight: scoresheet and fight cards. Leafs board seems focused on the second of these...

They really are turning into the Bruins.

Well, minus the whole tons of offensive depth and elite goaltending thing.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

He's not there to score. Kadri is on record as saying he can play bigger and with more confidence with Orr on the ice.

No offensive depth? They are playing without Lupul and Frattin. Also, guess what? The Leafs have scored more goals than the Habs. It baffles you really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad