$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 60 in 73 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
JKXVrae.jpg

Last edited:

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Habs should be a lot more motivated tonight than the Leafs. If we can put them down, I think that will be a pretty big win and say a lot about our consistency.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Don't agree with Keefe on a lot of things but specifically for tonight do not agree with Keefe on 2 things:

1. Make Simmonds the floater, Jumbo-Brooks-Spezza line was developing some really good chemistry why F with it?

2. Liljegren out again.... WTF does Keefe want? Why not give him more playing time? only 3 more games to go (including tonight); whats the point of over playing your top4 D-men. Are we still trying to make the playoffs?

I will keep my frustrations regarding the PP execution, tactics and deployment in for now - except - i will say I am absolutely DISGUSTED by our PP

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Devils advocate: Liljegren’s had 2 games, one against the Habs. Keefe probably wants to get Hutton another game in but also see how he does against probable playoff opponent.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
This is another one of those statement games.

The x was at their finger tips. They needed the win, they won it.
The y is at their finger tips. They need the win to get it, they need to win these games.

We've seen often in the past they have a playoff series at their fingertips, they just need that win, and they can't get that win. Hopefully the win for our x, we get the win for our y, and that will translate to numerous series-winning wins when they are there for the taking.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
A motivated Engvall is honestly a better player than Mikheyev.

But that's the problem. Whenever Engvall has any sort of job security - his play/effort plummets. Seems like he always needs a kick in the ass.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008

But that's the problem. Whenever Engvall has any sort of job security - his play/effort plummets. Seems like he always needs a kick in the ass.

glad to see Mikey and Engvall back together on the same line. Their speed together creates problems. They are not good on their own.

Reactions: willmma

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Canadiens need to be beaten down so by the time Game 1 comes around it already feels like Game 3 of an impending sweep.

Light up Jake Allen so the Habs will have some thoughts about playing Carey Price, so Matthews can light him up too when time comes.

Toffoli and Caulfield needs some rough treatment trying to generate offense. No way those guys should be given the opportunity to generate anything.

Romanov, Chiarot, Perry, Petry and Anderson can't be allowed to throw extra little cheap shots and hits behind the play or build momentum without a physical response.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Offensively sure, but I'd say the rest of mikheyev's game is noticeably better. I would not even consider taking Mik out for Engvall tbh

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The Canadiens need to be beaten down so by the time Game 1 comes around it already feels like Game 3 of an impending sweep.

Light up Jake Allen so the Habs will have some thoughts about playing Carey Price, so Matthews can light him up too when time comes.

Toffoli and Caulfield needs some rough treatment trying to generate offense. No way those guys should be given the opportunity to generate anything.

Romanov, Chiarot, Perry, Petry and Anderson can't be allowed to throw extra little cheap shots and hits behind the play or build momentum without a physical response.

It won't matter much, playoffs bring a fresh slate.

Habs will get Gallagher back (he is their spark plug), possibly Price (that could be a psychological.boost), Weber as well along with a couple more.

Leafs should have Hyman, Foligno, Nash in their lineup. Hopefully Bogosian if the Hockey Gods have our backs.

So, no matter how the game goes, focus on the process and consolidate their game. Especially on the defensive end as this will decide this teams fate once playoffs begin.

If both teams were fully healthy a message might have value. It's a bit lost with the injuries. Neither team will feel any worse by game one regardless.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Habs will get Gallagher back (he is their spark plug), possibly Price (that could be a psychological.boost), Weber as well along with a couple more.

Playoffs could be a different animal but the idea that Price is going to be his 2014 Olympic self against an offense that has eaten him up alive over the past five years probably needs to be put to bed. Yes, respect the player but there's no reason to build him up as an x-factor if the Leafs can execute their game.

Reactions: CincoHolio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->