OT: Montreal sports broadcaster Randy Tieman passes away

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Very sad news...I remember watching him at dinner time on CF CF Pulse. Always seemed like such a loveable guy. RIP Randy.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was stunned to hear that news....RIP Mr. Tieman. Somethign that gets me everytime when it's suddenly is to watch the people's twitter feed writing about whatever and suddenly....not there anymore. Obviously not knowing that when they wrote that....it was going to end shortly after it...

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can fully relate to everything that's been said in this thread. Randy was a treat to listen to, always upbeat and made fans who interacted with him, feel that they mattered.

I'll miss that big booming laugh and chuckle. I watched him on Pulse for the longest time, like a lot of posters here. However, I particularly enjoyed when he came out of retirement to act as a summer host on TSN690 -- he made afternoons a joy to listen to.

A great tribute video to him right here: https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1542859

It was odd to hear some familiar voices from that clip: Bill Haugland, Rob Faulds and Ron Reusch.

Some have left messages about him on CTV Montreal's FB page: CTV Montreal

Stu Cowan hits it spot on.

A sad day in the Montreal sports world, to be sure. However, he touched many who weren't even sports fans. My wife knew about him and loved him and doesn't even like sports. He just came across as so genuine, a lovable teddy bear as the clip put it.

RIP.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Jeez, I'm speechless. I knew he had a history of health problems but he always seemed to overcome them. Our loss. Wherever he is I'll bet he's got everyone smiling.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Oh no!!!!

I remember him more from the Team990, he’d be on at 1300hrs most of the time and do spot duty here and there. He was fun to listen to, like Runner said, he’d always interact with his callers, his line was...”ok, we’re gonna have some fun here and play a little game”.....at least that’s what I remember.

RIP RT

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I can fully relate to everything that's been said in this thread. Randy was a treat to listen to, always upbeat and made fans who interacted with him, feel that they mattered.

I'll miss that big booming laugh and chuckle. I watched him on Pulse for the longest time, like a lot of posters here. However, I particularly enjoyed when he came out of retirement to act as a summer host on TSN690 -- he made afternoons a joy to listen to.

A great tribute video to him right here: https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1542859

It was odd to hear some familiar voices from that clip: Bill Haugland, Rob Faulds and Ron Reusch.

Some have left messages about him on CTV Montreal's FB page: CTV Montreal

Stu Cowan hits it spot on.

A sad day in the Montreal sports world, to be sure. However, he touched many who weren't even sports fans. My wife knew about him and loved him and doesn't even like sports. He just came across as so genuine, a lovable teddy bear as the clip put it.

RIP.

Thanks for posting the news clip.....sad day indeed

Reactions: Runner77

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
RIP he could have been dead years ago between cancer and heart surgery. Him making it this long is testament of his will to live.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
In semi retirement he was able to make TSN690 bearable. Now there's only Melnick.

I very much doubt that we will be mourning here when Marinaro inevitably chokes to death on a cannoli.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->