Speculation: Montreal rebuild. The end of an era.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Give the new staff a couple of weeks.

Penalties have to come down to start with even though the refs are really worse than usual this season. Habs should have beat the Sens and were leading 3-1 against the Peg. Price sucks also..

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Never said they are.

Get off your high horse and stop telling people to stop following their team just because you disagree with them.
Montreal Canadiens Ownership /Management don't care about what fantasy trades fans want to make and neither do I .
Have a good weekend.

Reactions: HabsAddict

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Montreal Canadiens Ownership /Management don't care about what fantasy trades fans want to make and neither do I .
Have a good weekend.
Then you are free to leave this thread and never come back.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom on the obvious about management/ownership by the way, captain obvious.

Reactions: Devonator

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Then you are free to leave this thread and never come back.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom on the obvious about management/ownership by the way, captain obvious.
Montreal Canadiens won't be doing any rebuild this is their team like it or not .

Reactions: HabsAddict

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
How the f*** do we go from a top team to talks of rebuilding in 3 weeks. Chill out. Yes Price sucks right now, but Allen will come in and help us out. If Allen plays our last two games we would've won both.
Yes the Bruins got pasted 7-2 and not a word . Habs lose 6-3 ( one empty netter ) and the sky is falling . 3-3 going into third and lost one period . Price will find his game , he always does . They’ll come around .

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
sure send 2 2nds and hes urs
I think Gallagher value is around Pageau value when he was traded to the Isles. Same kind of production (Gally is more proven), same age, same size and similar kind of style of play (pest).

Thus, Gally could probably fetch a 1st and a 2nd, maybe a conditional 3rd on top.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I'm still with most of the Habs fans I know. They have the bestest of the bestest. And they are the bestest. I think this solves how they generally feel. They like to tell me about it at least.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Habs need to trade cry-baby Danault, play Romanov with Weber .. find a playmaker for KK-Toffoli.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
No, but have to set the bar a little higher than you actually hope for to get any kind of reasonable offer. If it starts with a 2nd or a B prospect alone, if ends with Weber retained at 50% for a cap dump and a career AHLer.

Dylan Samberg would be of interest, doubt Winnipeg is interested though.

If Samberg was the ask, then count Winnipeg out. Jets are looking for a placeholder and someone who’s had a strong defensive career to maybe show Samberg the ropes.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
This is so funny, one day we plan the parade next we plan a rebuild. Go to bed or on your Xbox kid.
Blow it up good, blow it up real good.

pexels-photo-417070.jpeg

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Imaging selling off a bunch of pieces you just traded lol. No one would ever want to sign in Montreal again

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Shea Weber can retire with no impact to the team's cap. With the exception of Nashville who gets hit with the recapture penalty caphit (thanks to the Flyers). That's the true value of Weber as in the last 2 or 3 years of his contract (earning 1M) he will most likely retire if he is not performing up to his standards.

Carey Price is untradeable. Even if Price was playing up to his contract value, he would still be untradeable. Habs best course of action is to hope he figures it out. Habs need an elite goaltender to compete.
Weber can contribute as a player and a leader for at least the next three years. He has a salary of $6m for this year and next followed by three million. The last three years are at $1m which I do not expect him to fulfill. No cap hit to Montreal as it will be on Nashville if he retires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->