Bournival - Moen – White
Holland – St-Pierre - Thomas
Tarnasky - Dumont – Blunden

Tinordi - Pateryn
Beaulieu - Diaz
Dietz- Nygren

Budaj will be playing the entire game.

Source: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=261

I love that fist line. Like I want to marry it... And have a bunch of kids with it, mini-mini-hockey players..

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
I fully expect a "loss" tonight.. but hopefully we get good showing out of the EGG line, Bournival, Tinner and Brolieu.

Last night Toronto iced their vet lineup against the Sens rookies and lost. NHL vets are getting in their reps, while the kids are fighting for roster spots.

I think it will be a very close match.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Well, thats interresting, cuz its painfully obvious galchenyuk prefers to be a centerman , hate seeing him on the wing

Well, we, the Montreal Canadiens, have a proud tradition of playing players on different positions then their natural positions, do you really want to stop that? Look at all the good that has brought us! Streit, Weber, etc. Markov too.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Well, thats interresting, cuz its painfully obvious galchenyuk prefers to be a centerman , hate seeing him on the wing

Eller is five years older than Galchenyuk. I think he maintains the right to play his natural position over a player who hasn't even played a full season in the NHL and is still getting used to playing at this level.

Plus, Galchenyuk is better at playing wing than Eller.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Eller is five years older than Galchenyuk. I think he maintains the right to play his natural position over a player who hasn't even played a full season in the NHL and is still getting used to playing at this level.

Plus, Galchenyuk is better at playing wing than Eller.

lol not really sure where i said Eller is the one who should be playing wing instead of galchenyuk :dunno:

but obviously, i know what you're talking about

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
lol not really sure where i said Eller is the one who should be playing wing instead of galchenyuk :dunno:

but obviously, i know what you're talking about

Good point, you never mentioned Eller. But I think the staff is looking to keep Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher together as a line, and the best way to do that is to keep Eller at centre for the time being.

But I definitely agree that Galchenyuk should be playing center sooner or later.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Good point, you never mentioned Eller. But I think the staff is looking to keep Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher together as a line, and the best way to do that is to keep Eller at centre for the time being.

But I definitely agree that Galchenyuk should be playing center sooner or later.

and "I" agree, galchenyuks a waaay better winger than eller ;)

lets face it, were ALL hoping that line shows some some special things this year, my worry is sometimes eller and galchenyuk look like they have the greatest chemistry ever and then even in the SAME game they look completely LOST together, i just hope it works out, god i rly do

(*hopes some HFers learnt a valuable lesson on how to have a cool calm and collected back and forth on HF between 2 people :P)

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal

lets face it, were ALL hoping that line shows some some special things this year, my worry is sometimes eller and galchenyuk look like they have the greatest chemistry ever and then even in the SAME game they look completely LOST together, i just hope it works out, god i rly do

(*hopes some HFers learnt a valuable lesson on how to have a cool calm and collected back and forth on HF between 2 people :P)

-I agree.
-No, I agree!
-NO, I AGREE!
-I SAID I AGREE!!!

Typical argument between Canadians. (I think you're both Canadian...)

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
According to the lines at practice, this will be the lineup tonight:

Galchenyuk – Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Moen – White
Holland – St-Pierre - Thomas
Tarnasky - Dumont – Blunden

Tinordi - Pateryn
Beaulieu - Diaz
Dietz- Nygren

Budaj will be playing the entire game.

Source: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=261

Remember the game last week against the Bruins? This lineup is even 'worse': aside from one functional NHL line (Eller line), all the forwards are going to be hard pressed to generate chances or push the play into the Sens zone. Not only that, the Habs are using what was essentially their defense in the first pre-season game against the Sabres with virtually no regulars other than Diaz.

So in summary, they took the forwards they used against the Bruins (who had a ton of trouble) and the defense against the Sabres (that was missing virtually all of the NHL regulars).

Could be ugly against the likes of Bobby Ryan, Erik Karlsson, Milan Michalek and company.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Remember the game last week against the Bruins? This lineup is even 'worse': aside from one functional NHL line (Eller line), all the forwards are going to be hard pressed to generate chances or push the play into the Sens zone. Not only that, the Habs are using what was essentially their defense in the first pre-season game against the Sabres with virtually no regulars other than Diaz.

So in summary, they took the forwards they used against the Bruins (who had a ton of trouble) and the defense against the Sabres (that was missing virtually all of the NHL regulars).

Could be ugly against the likes of Bobby Ryan, Erik Karlsson, Milan Michalek and company.

Well the point of a pre-season game isn't to win, it's to see what the players can do. :nod:

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

I know what you mean, here's hoping that line finds more consistency this season. Gallagher isn't the type of player to go through a sophomore slump due to his playing style in my opinion, but I genuinely don't know what to expect from Galchenyuk. Considering how he rebounded after being out almost a full season with injury though, I am very optimistic.

And definitely, if only all discussions on HFBoards could go something like this! :laugh:

I hear you. Do we know what the Senators' lineup is tonight? If it's anything close to an NHL lineup, we might struggle tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing our young players possibly one last time before the final cuts on Thursday, but I don't want this game to be too one-sided either.

Analyzer*

Will be there.

Better be a good game. If we get beat, I'll grab the closest sens fan that's smaller than me and proceed to lay a beating like none has seen in their life time.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
I hear you. Do we know what the Senators' lineup is tonight? If it's anything close to an NHL lineup, we might struggle tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing our young players possibly one last time before the final cuts on Thursday, but I don't want this game to be too one-sided either.

According to rds.ca:

Michalek-Da Costa-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Conacher
Greening-Zibanejad-Condra
Kassian-Pageau-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Phillips-Corvo
Claesson-Wiercioch

Anderson
Lawson

Status
Not open for further replies.