GDT: Montreal @ Ottawa 7:30pm | RDS & TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
The 2nd last pre season game before the regular season gets going.

Michel Therrien said he is going with a more youthful line up tonight so we will get to see guys like, Bournival, Holland, Beaulieu, Dumont, Nygren and Thomas.

Also don't be surprised if Tarnasky, St. Pierre and Blunden get in the line up.

Budaj will be in net for the whole game. “It’s important that Peter plays a full game and it will happen tomorrow,” Therrien said.

Im going to assume Markov, Moen, Pleks, Bouillon, maybe Patches and Briere might get the night off.

EDIT:

Potential Lines

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Bournival - White
Holland - St-Pierre - Thomas
Blunden - Dumont - Tarnasky

Tinordi - Dietz
Diaz - Nygren
Pateryn - Beaulieu

Budaj

Senators:

Forwards: Michalek, Da Costa, Ryan MacArthur, Turris, Conacher, Greening, Zibanejad, Condra, Kassian, Pageau, Neil
Defenders: Methot, Karlsson, Phillips, Corvo, Wiercoch, Claesson
Goalie: Anderson

Last edited:

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Excited to see what beaulieu can do on the PP tonight. Should be a good game.

habscup*

The 2nd last pre season game before the regular season gets going.

Michel Therrien said he is going with a more youthful line up tonight so we will get to see guys like, Bournival, Holland, Beaulieu, Dumont, Nygren and Thomas.

Also don't be surprised if Tarnasky, St. Pierre and Blunden get in the line up.

Budaj will be in net for the whole game. “It’s important that Peter plays a full game and it will happen tomorrow,†Therrien said.

Im going to assume Markov, Moen, Pleks, Bouillon, maybe Patches and Briere might get the night off.

Wrong, Beaulieu was sent down, St. Pierre, Tarnasky and Nygren also were sent down. Please don't spew misinformation on these boards.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Wrong, Beaulieu was sent down, St. Pierre, Tarnasky and Nygren also were sent down. Please don't spew misinformation on these boards.

Martin St. Pierre ‏@MStPierre39 11h
Gotta love goin to bed at nite knowin that tomorrow is gameday in Ottawa/Un bon dodo la nuit avant le match a Ottawa #hometown #habsvssens

Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 58m
Nathan Beaulieu sera du match de ce soir. Même chose pour Nygren, Dumont, Bournival, St-Pierre, Thomas, Pateryn, Tarnasky, Holland et Dietz.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
At this point I think it's fair to say Tinordi has earned a sport on the team.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I fully expect a "loss" tonight.. but hopefully we get good showing out of the EGG line, Bournival, Tinner and Brolieu.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm not usually one to overtly criticize players, but can anyone explain to me what they see in Blunden? What does he bring to the table exactly or do well?

I don't see him being very physical, he has no vision, no hands, doesn't strike me as a shut down guy. I don't get why they keep him around. :dunno:

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Far be it from me to help out Habs fans :sarcasm: but I see that the game will be on Game Center Live also. (PC version, the apps for everything else still haven't been updated yet.)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm not usually one to overtly criticize players, but can anyone explain to me what they see in Blunden? What does he bring to the table exactly or do well?

I don't see him being very physical, he has no vision, no hands, doesn't strike me as a shut down guy. I don't get why they keep him around. :dunno:

Can't hate on the guy. Everytime he hits somebody he gets ejected or beat up! :laugh:

He's a fringe pressbox filler in the NHL. Huge, skates like the wind. Not much hockey sense or puck ability. But he would play circles around the likes of parros.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Can't hate on the guy. Everytime he hits somebody he gets ejected or beat up! :laugh:

He's a fringe pressbox filler in the NHL. Huge, skates like the wind. Not much hockey sense or puck ability. But he would play circles around the likes of parros.

So he's fast then I guess? That's about it?

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Is it me or Diaz with Beaulieu serves the purpose of seeing if Beaulieu is close to him in his development?

It smells like Diaz is on his way out when all the Ds are back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad