Montreal just unlocked the Final Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazu*

Sep 25, 2011
And that's a deadly powerplay.

I made a thread earlier this year saying that the Habs were one piece away from a Stanley Cup, and even though I still think they need a number one center, I think that if they can manage to maintain they powerplay percentage around 20%, they definitely have a good chance to win the Stanley Cup.

To see my previous thread : http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1774353

Most people don't even put Montreal in the top 10 for some reasons...

What do you guys think about the Habs this season?

Mynameismark*

Just need a big winger really.

Aside from that I think it's between them and the Rangers again.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Habs are a contender for the Stanley Cup when the playoffs start. You can say that about a lot of teams of course, it's not down a few favorites like it used to be. But they're in the mix.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Yea before tonight we were something like 1 for our last 26 PPs. It'll take more than one good game to convince anyone that it's good now.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
They're one of the several teams that could win the cup. With the level of parity we have now, you can't say that they're "one piece away from a Stanley Cup".

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
[mod]

I watched every Habs game this year and no way are they just a good PP away from being amongst the favorites. I love the team, but I was more impressed by the Kovy/Koivu/Higgins/Souray team who finished first in the East back then. Remember what happened that year in April?! Honestly, it's going to be tough against any team they face in the playoffs (which will most likely start against Tampa, Boston or Detroit). I'd give them a shot at getting to the Finals if they don't face the Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
canucks will win the cup bcuz they have #6 penality kill and specal teams win the playoofs

Bradys Boys

Oct 30, 2014
tumblr_mmuhblmOPy1sr4wq2o1_250.gif

Nynja*

habs PP is terrible, therrien needs to be fired and they need to hire a real coach

Its nice when fans from other teams notice this lol.

But yeah, clicking on 7 powerplays on one of the worst teams in the league isnt exactly reason to pop the champagne just yet.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
That's like Canucks fans saying 10 games into the season they unlocked he final weapon of goal scoring and are now Stanley cup contenders [If any Canucks fans said that, I'd happily call them amongst the stupidest people, however I wouldn't put it past our fans]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->