OT: Montreal Impact Thread XXVI and World Cup Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
This team at this point is a joke, and dont worry guys the people who look bad here in this whole situation is Joey and Desantis they feel the heat for sure Joey will have to do something if he wants to regain some kind of momentum from the fans... talk is cheap, ask Occean, they put themself on that situation, the effort was good last year but this year its been a joke.

The lack of vision has been terrible.. the inactivity during the off season was something pathetic to watch... getting Klopas was 4 years was even worst... they get the coach who through mid season was terrible last year before the team played better after just to fall short anyway of a playoff spot... anyways... instead of finding a player who would be available now to help replace Bernardello, we just act like... nothing happened and get a guy who would be available only mid august... at best when our season would be over anyways... (dont get me wrong piatti will be nice but.. they never brought or even consider it seems get a 3th DP f9r this year... something just doesnt add up) this team is really managed very poorly getting jack mack is interesting too but knowing NDS track record i wouldnt be surprised at all if MacIerney just leaves because he has no interest staying here (MLS) i seriously doubt a system with a player like Di Vaio or Jack Mac can be effective longterm in MLS this style is better suited for european football.. if only NDS would have been at least aware that San Lorenzo was heavy favorite to at least reach the final... oh well... used to crap like this with IMFV

Last edited:

pine*

MONTRÉAL - Si la direction de l'Impact avait mis sur papier ce qu'elle lui a fait miroiter verbalement, Olivier Occéan aurait fort probablement signé et il se serait présenté à Montréal. Mais il n'y a jamais eu de suivi et les négociations sont maintenant rompues, du moins en ce qui concerne le club montréalais.

« Si (Nick) De Santis a dit que c'est fini, c'est que c'est fini. C'est leur décision », a commenté Occéan, lundi, lors d'un entretien téléphonique avec La Presse Canadienne.

Le Brossardois de 32 ans, qui évolue en deuxième division allemande depuis quelques années, était notamment prêt à accepter les termes financiers qui avaient été avancés par la direction de l'Impact. Et ce, même si le club a très peu de marge de manoeuvre à l'heure actuelle par rapport au plafond salarial.

« Il y a eu des chiffres qui ont été évoqués, mais pas d'offre écrite, a indiqué Occéan. Je croyais qu'on était d'accord. C'est juste qu'à la dernière minute, ils ont fait volte-face.

It's not happening.. How the **** can you say no to Occean when the team is losing games and fans at Saputo Stadium???

#DeSantisDécalisse

Apparently, from a guy on impactsoccer that met Occean, Occean was looking for a DP contract...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Well, if he plays in Argentina from now on.. then maybe De Santis will scout him?

:sarcasm:

Riverside Habs Fan

Dec 23, 2006
Montreal
MONTRÉAL - Si la direction de l'Impact avait mis sur papier ce qu'elle lui a fait miroiter verbalement, Olivier Occéan aurait fort probablement signé et il se serait présenté à Montréal. Mais il n'y a jamais eu de suivi et les négociations sont maintenant rompues, du moins en ce qui concerne le club montréalais.

« Si (Nick) De Santis a dit que c'est fini, c'est que c'est fini. C'est leur décision », a commenté Occéan, lundi, lors d'un entretien téléphonique avec La Presse Canadienne.

Le Brossardois de 32 ans, qui évolue en deuxième division allemande depuis quelques années, était notamment prêt à accepter les termes financiers qui avaient été avancés par la direction de l'Impact. Et ce, même si le club a très peu de marge de manoeuvre à l'heure actuelle par rapport au plafond salarial.

« Il y a eu des chiffres qui ont été évoqués, mais pas d'offre écrite, a indiqué Occéan. Je croyais qu'on était d'accord. C'est juste qu'à la dernière minute, ils ont fait volte-face.

It's not happening.. How the **** can you say no to Occean when the team is losing games and fans at Saputo Stadium???

#DeSantisDécalisse

What a ****ing joke. :shakehead

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It seems like they did well enough getting into the playoffs in year 2, but they just squeaked in after being humiliated for the entire second half of the season. The destruction against Houston in the knockout game when they lost 5-0 showed us who this team really was.

Everything is amateur right now. Bad ownership, management, coaching staff, scouting, and players. This is the crud you get in the NASL.

The worst run franchise in the league after Chivas. The attendance next year should reflect that. Everything Saputo does is designed on a cheap budget mentality. He was being cheap with expansion costs, stadium design and location, management, roster, and DP's.

MLS is moving in the right direction and the Impact are being left behind. They need to wake up or we'll have another Expos situation on our hands in the very near future. Spend real money and hire good people or GTFO.

This, this and more of this. The organization is run like an amateur club, that's our biggest problem.

- Nepotism.
- Lack of long term vision.
- Emotional decisions.
- Not trusting the people we hire.
- **** marketing/PR departments.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Major League Soccer @MLS · 7m
BREAKING: The @impactmontreal complete the signings of Alessandro Del Piero (Free agent; @delpieroale) and Ronaldinho (Free agent; @10Ronaldinho) http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...puto-vows-changes-amid-clubs-rough-start-2014

BtqphlHCMAEddsz.jpg

Thank you to the guy that RT'd the picture on twitter, you know who you are

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
All of our posts should end with #DeSantisDécalisse, #DeSantisDémission or even #FireNDS

#DeSantisDécalisse

pine*

I have a ticket to give away for tomorrow's meet the team event since I can't attend.

If one of the regulars from this thread would like to go, just let me know.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Personally I love going to watch the Impact. I would for sure buy season tickets if my work schedule permitted. That being said I think it is really a shame that the attendance numbers aren't higher despite the teams records. Yes yes I know in MTL teams need to win to be popular but with the amount of soccer fans in the region I mean filling 15000+ every game shouldn't be an issue. We need to support the team even though they are not doing so well and hope management gets the job done this off season to drastically improve our team.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I have a ticket to give away for tomorrow's meet the team event since I can't attend.

If one of the regulars from this thread would like to go, just let me know.

I'll be there. I'll try to find Joey or NDS to have a little chat with them :nod:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Bud please make us a report, or even better a live coverage of what's going on there.

I hope they get asked the tough questions which the media do not dare to ask.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I'm not sure about a live coverage since my phone's battery is **** but I'll do my best to give you guys a nice writeup when I get home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad