OT: Montreal Impact thread: Tha Isolated Market Of MLS... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
This is the best I've seen from Canada in forever even if its Mexico B- team.

Having CCL flashbacks from 15. I dont know why he keeps playing Atiba as CB tho.
Larin is playing well

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Smh the f***up had to come from the lone impact player.. and some of you want him as DP? LOL

Atiba f***ed up too

Still plenty of soccer left

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I cant believe I'm gonna say this but Piette or Arfield at Ht for Johnson. Preferably Arfield for creativity

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Canada showing the mexicans WAY too much respect. Larin looks asleep and Davies is trying to out dribble the entire mexican team. when he's drawing that kind of coverage he needs to find larin or Cavallini. Larin was wide open on the cavillini rebound. When we finally have some quality defenders and herdman plays arfield, hoilett and piette, i'll feel better. but i have to say i have never been this encouraged about our offensive quality - if they can play off each other, we're dangerous and can hang with some of the best. could never say that before

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The backline lacks composure. Can't build anything going forward if you don't know what you're getting back there. I'd take out Teibert and put Davies at wingback, switch to a 4-3-3, replace Larin with Millar and get Arfield out there.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
f***in Herdman sucks. Lost the game from the start. Too slow to adjust.

???

He did all his 3 subs before 60th. He did exactly what some of (Canadian fans) us said Davies at LB, Midfield of Arfield Atiba and Kaye with Osorio as advanced LW/CAM Cavallari CF David RW

I can see his plan was to bring on his best offensive weapons by the 60tj minute

That's straight up badass Herdman

cobrakai

May 20, 2010
I see your
???

He did all his 3 subs before 60th. He did exactly what some of (Canadian fans) us said Davies at LB, Midfield of Arfield Atiba and Kaye with Osorio as advanced LW/CAM Cavallari CF David RW

I can see his plan was to bring on his best offensive weapons by the 60tj minute

That's straight up badass Herdman
I see your point. I just wanted him to roll the dice. We got Cuba. Let's see what we can do if we play to win.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I see your

I see your point. I just wanted him to roll the dice. We got Cuba. Let's see what we can do if we play to win.

Yeah welp thank God we at least scored a goal. even if we lose it's not the end of the world major improvement, I just hope he never puts atiba as Cb

Wow unlucky goal, it was going in anyway.

This Mexico team is fragile.

cobrakai

May 20, 2010
Yeah welp thank God we at least scored a goal. even if we lose it's not the end of the world major improvement, I just hope he never puts atiba as Cb

Wow unlucky goal, it was going in anyway.

This Mexico team is fragile.
Agreed. If we can play with Mexico we got a shot. Hopefully Herdman learned from this and puts more trust in our offensive capabilities.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Wait we've got a 6'5 defensive midfield? Play him against Cuba :laugh::laugh:

Agreed. If we can play with Mexico we got a shot. Hopefully Herdman learned from this and puts more trust in our offensive capabilities.

We can win the QFs against Costa Rica.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
f*** did we miss some good opportunities--davies, wide post, cavillini not picking up larin on the rebound of his howitzer, osorio twice...feeling good. haven't seen world class players like david, davies and arfield since forever. need a bit moore quality all over the field sand this team can KO the US and mexico - especially at home. We need to make the hex for 2022

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I knew we were losing the minute I saw the lineup. You sit Hoilett, David, Arfield and Osorio to play Teilbert, Johnson and my god Larin. He shouldn't even be on the team. Jackson-Hamel is a better footballer than Larin. And then to make matters worse Herdman has his team play scared. I doubt it but I'm hoping Herdman is playing 4 dimensional chess and not wanting to reveal all his team's weapons in the preliminary round.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I knew we were losing the minute I saw the lineup. You sit Hoilett, David, Arfield and Osorio to play Teilbert, Johnson and my god Larin. He shouldn't even be on the team. Jackson-Hamel is a better footballer than Larin. And then to make matters worse Herdman has his team play scared. I doubt it but I'm hoping Herdman is playing 4 dimensional chess and not wanting to reveal all his team's weapons in the preliminary round.
100% agree. all three are lousy. especially disappointed in larin. no pace to his game. none

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

It's exactly what it is, he isn't stupid, he knows he'll face Mexico in the Semi, 3 D chess. That's why he approached the game with a weird lineup. That's why he made all 3 changes at the 60th, just to get a preview of what his lineup will look like. What we saw in the last 30 minutes is by far our best lineup minus Hoilett but if we face Mexico in the SF I think he'll play David up top instead of Cavalani and Hoilett as RW in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-1-3-1.

Now I understand the Atiba at CB expirement bc there's no way a player of his caliber should play at CB. He's probably Concacaf's best DM and it's not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad