OT: Montreal Impact thread: Tha Isolated Market Of MLS... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

@Dominator13

Jokes aside, he'd be a solid asset. He can score 15-20 goals with the right service w/ a 9,5 or 10. Great penalty taker, he shoots very hard, decent pace, just dumb and frustrating at times. His tenure with the NT spot is over for sure atm. He'd compliment Urruti perfectly.

In MLS, he would be a top 10 CF for sure and for the curious, he has a very similar style to Altidore, but Jozy is much better on the ball while Miguel is faster.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
22. Vancouver Whitecaps
23. Orlando City SC
24. FC Cincinnati (JP's favourite)

Lol I'm a Cincy fan since when? I think you got it mixed up with 16...

Cincinnati isn't bad, Had Adi not get a stupid DUI they would be a better position, this is why you never rely on one player.

Mati Fernández failing a medical didn't help, one of my fav players from years ago. He was very very good and would be a great #10 (a step above Lodeiro imo) when healthy. I was convinced that he would be a Cincy player. Just too injury prone.

I think this writer is harsh with Vancouver considering they are doing well with a relatively young and inexperienced squad.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
@Dominator13

Jokes aside, he'd be a solid asset. He can score 15-20 goals with the right service w/ a 9,5 or 10. Great penalty taker, he shoots very hard, decent pace, just dumb and frustrating at times. His tenure with the NT spot is over for sure atm. He'd compliment Urruti perfectly.

In MLS, he would be a top 10 CF for sure and for the curious, he has a very similar style to Altidore, but Jozy is much better on the ball while Miguel is faster.
I saw it too.

Not even 1% of me believes it though. He went from being to Atlanta, now us. People are just making crap up everywhere.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Is there such a thing as LTIR in the MLS?

More precisely, does Piatti salary count against the cap while he’s injured?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Lol I'm a Cincy fan since when? I think you got it mixed up with 16...

Cincinnati isn't bad, Had Adi not get a stupid DUI they would be a better position, this is why you never rely on one player.

Mati Fernández failing a medical didn't help, one of my fav players from years ago. He was very very good and would be a great #10 (a step above Lodeiro imo) when healthy. I was convinced that he would be a Cincy player. Just too injury prone.

I think this writer is harsh with Vancouver considering they are doing well with a relatively young and inexperienced squad.

You liked their team a lot and thought they would have a better season than the Impact. Well, looks like you were wrong.

As for the Whitecaps, I think they were hard on them because all their offensive additions have struggled.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
You liked their team a lot and thought they would have a better season than the Impact. Well, looks like you were wrong.

As for the Whitecaps, I think they were hard on them because all their offensive additions have struggled.

Nah I couldnt have said that simply because I was one of the only one optimistic about Impact having an above average season while most of you were having meltdowns and thought I was an imposter for being positive.

I said they are better on paper than Impact (with a Mati Fernandez) to me but they would need many games to gel obviously as an expansion team. ;)

Tbf to me every team are better tha Impact on paper except Vancouver, New England and Colorado so that's not saying much. What saves Impact are the young players performing very well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->