OT: Montreal Impact thread: Tha Isolated Market Of MLS... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
JP ****ting on Piette is ridiculously funny.

he wont play start for too many more games after Gold Cup. I see this tournament as his farewell starting role. Hes the worst player on the ball in the history of Canadian soccer.

I don't see him no more. My quality of life has improved.

I just despise seeing vegetables on a soccer field. He can play for an okay club with no ambition idc but not my country smh

The day he scores a goal for Imfc I'll stop posting for many many months.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
JP is way too entertaining to block, lol

One thing for sure is I dont fall for the I block him. they have been saying it for the past 2 years lmao. Just block me and keep it going.:dunno: Ive blocked two ppl for giving me too many brain farts, I almost went to the ER.U dont see me posting about it

They all know they look up my post history secretly whenever they are online bc they cant resist and they hate themselves for it.:popcorn:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
block or not, just ignore him and assume everything he posts is just to bait a response... because it is.

live a happier life

Reactions: TRG

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
cornball :facepalm:

Back to the topic. If you have anything significant to say..

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It's cool and everything, but does he know the 283974839480387872387284 rules in MLS?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Azira played a whole 90 minutes in a friendly as Right Midfielder in a 1-0 win vs Cote D'Ivoire last night, I'll be curious to see if he plays the tournament as a RM.

Lovitz and Browne play tomorrow.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Vince McMahon

to live *;)

Isnt WWEs future under serious jeapordy anyway because of Cody Rhodes new company and that tour was severely criticized? I havent watched wrestling in 10 years.

Anyway this just proves that money doesnt buy happiness. Dude signed a 10 million x 4 years, still lives in Toronto and wants to come back after only 6 months. Lets hope Ale will be asking for a MTL return. Very possible.... Did they even pay the remainder of the transfer?

Are we linked with him again if true? Not great but he would be the perfect number 9 for us.

Last edited:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
to live *;)

Isnt WWEs future under serious jeapordy anyway because of Cody Rhodes new company and that tour was severely criticized? I havent watched wrestling in 10 years.

Anyway this just proves that money doesnt buy happiness. Dude signed a 10 million x 4 years, still lives in Toronto and wants to come back after only 6 months. Lets hope Ale will be asking for a MTL return. Very possible.... Did they even pay the remainder of the transfer?

Are we linked with him again if true? Not great but he would be the perfect number 9 for us.

We're not. He's Atlanta bound. You'll see from a simple Twitter search, they all have him sent there

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
We're not. He's Atlanta bound. You'll see from a simple Twitter search, they all have him sent there
Yeah but I also use logic. Just bc he went to see a baseball game where there is a Colombian playing for the Braves doesnt mean hes going to Atlanta.
They have 3 DPs already who wont move this summer and his transfer fee will make him a DP

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Garde was with Les Partants yesterday

Garde prudent au sujet du mercato, louange Piette - TVA Sports

He said the mercato is a direct factor of the financial means at his disposition, but that he's not complaining about the funds allocated to him. When asked what his teams needed most, he said to learn how to control the play offensively at home (which is encouraging because he recognizes the problem), but it would have been nice to hear him say a #9 too.

Impact rank 14th in MLS roster construction management according to TheAthletic. They're in the 3rd category (ranks 9 to 14), which they label as Flawed but manageable.

Tier III: Flawed but manageable

14. Montreal Impact

Montreal has a somewhat confusing roster. There are very good players at the top (Ignacio Piatti and Saphir Taïder) and then a lot of not-so-good contracts at the TAM level (Maxi Urruti, Rudy Camacho, Bacary Sagna and Harry Novillo). Those TAM deals really hurt. Montreal doesn’t have any awful contracts in the dead zone ($350k-$530k), and they’ve got some nice value in players like Evan Bush, Anthony Jackson-Hamel, Samuel Piette and Daniel Lovitz. If the Impact had a higher hit rate among its TAM players, things would look a lot rosier. As of right now, though, it’s a middle-of-the-road roster that is outperforming that status early this season in a weak Eastern Conference. There should be some cap space and TAM flexibility to improve.

Here's how the list was created, and the comments on the Impact

It isn’t hard to figure out which MLS teams have the best rosters—a quick glance at the league table reveals those answers pretty quickly. Sussing out which teams have the best squads relative to their resources is a bit of a different question, however. A low-budget team might not be as high in the league table as a deeper-pocketed rival, but that doesn’t mean they’re not getting more bang for their buck than a richer counterpart.
Unfortunately, shining a light on those kinds of situations is often a bit difficult in MLS. As we detailed here on The Athletic just the other day, a lot of the nitty-gritty details that are so central to MLS roster building and cap management remain opaque. The MLS Players Association releasing salary information for every player in the league certainly helps clear things up, but even their biannual list leaves out plenty of relevant data.
Thankfully, we’re more than willing to fill in the gaps. We don’t claim to have all the info, but between the MLSPA’s salary dump and years of our own reporting, we have enough of an idea to rank how every team has built their roster relative to their budget. We did our best to take everything into account.
Total spending was naturally a huge factor, as was the performance of individual players relative to their acquisition costs. Roster balance also played a big role; Teams that are overly reliant on their highest-paid players got docked, while teams who get solid contributions from the middle and lowest earners on their rosters gained points. We also weighed how many contracts teams have in what has become a dead-zone of cap management: salaries below the maximum budget charge of $530,000, but above what is considered a manageable general allocation money (GAM) buydown, around $350,000. (There are barely more players in this category, 43, than there are players making more than $1.5 million, 39.)
We feel the resulting ranking does a pretty good job of highlighting which teams have done a great job building their rosters and which ones have dug themselves into serious holes. But we didn’t do this for us; we did it for you. So go ahead, dig in. Enjoy the first edition of the MLS roster construction rankings.

I find it interesting to hear that the 350-530k contracts are in a dead zone, and it is surprising that the Impact have done fairly well in that zone. I'm not sure I'd put Sagna in the bad contract category, but other than that their evaluation seems fair, although a bit thin. As always, the analysis on the Impact always feel rushed compared to the others. Taking a quick glance at the paragraphs for each team, it does seem like the Impact had the smallest one. They seem to think the team will have some cap flexibility to acquire TAM players, which is the complete opposite from what we hear from local media outlets. Hopefully they're right.

Here's the full list

Top tier
1. LAFC
2. Houston Dynamo (Managed by Matt Jordan, btw)
3. Atlanta United

Good and Balanced
4. Seattle Sounders
5. D.C. United
6. NYRB
7. Portland Timbers
8. Philadelphia Union

Flawed but manageable

9. FC Dallas
10. LAG
11. NYCFC
12. SKC
13. Columbus Crew
14. Montréal Impact

More bad than good
15. Minnesota United
16. TFC
17. Real Salt Lake
18. Chicago Fire
19. San José Earthquakes
20. NE Revolution
21. Colorado Rapids
22. Vancouver Whitecaps
23. Orlando City SC
24. FC Cincinnati (JP's favourite)

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
And...

IMFC confirmed that Sabitini will oversee soccer operations for both Bologna and Montréal. What came out of today's presser though is that IMFC will hire a local Technical Director, which is huge. The team has needed stability throughout coaching changes since it arrived in MLS. Olivier Brett thinks it's a role built for current academy director Philippe Eulaffroy and I am in total agreement. Gilmore/Saputo said the candidate will have to speak French and posess knowledge of MLS, which fits Eulaffroy perfectly.

Saputo also said that loans from Bologna combine really well with the cap in MLS, so expect a couple more loans à la Okwonkwo this Summer.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Saputo says the Technical director has to:

-Know the MLS
-Has to be able to create international relationships
-Speak the language from here and the one in Italy

DeSantis_Web.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad