OT: Montreal Impact thread: Tha Isolated Market Of MLS... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
« Hipster » town is doing better than every single team in the league with their season tickets deposit. Yes even better than ATL and LAFC

But yeah, you gotta critique IMFC at every possible occasion, no matter how small

kawhi me a river?:laugh:

Some IMFC related news , Canada plays tomorrow and idk If I said it but Azira has been called by Uganda. Looks like I may watch for the first time some African Cup and learn a few more countries

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Ok its getting a bit weird....

more and more outlets are reporting that Beckham indeed approached Icardi, I thought it was a joke but it looks to be serious. Then I realized that it is Icardi with his crazy lunatic wife = who is now her agent so you never know. He is literally banned from Argentina NT so its not like he cares about his place there. The most nonchalant player of all Europe.

Beckham is also crazy but crazy genius if he managed to pull that off. Icardi wants to leave on free, if he does go to Miami next year.. forget it he would be the biggest signing in CONCACAF history, bigger than Pele and Beckham.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Ok its getting a bit weird....

more and more outlets are reporting that Beckham indeed approached Icardi, I thought it was a joke but it looks to be serious. Then I realized that it is Icardi with his crazy lunatic wife = who is now her agent so you never know. He is literally banned from Argentina NT so its not like he cares about his place there. The most nonchalant player of all Europe.

Beckham is also crazy but crazy genius if he managed to pull that off. Icardi wants to leave on free, if he does go to Miami next year.. forget it he would be the biggest signing in CONCACAF history, bigger than Pele and Beckham.

Bigger than Pele and Beckham?

These two guys were INTERNATIONAL brands. Icardi is just a good striker. He would be a HUGE get, but not even close to these guys.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Bigger than Pele and Beckham?

These two guys were INTERNATIONAL brands. Icardi is just a good striker. He would be a HUGE get, but not even close to these guys.

Not talking about brands just pure talent and conditions.
Pele was retired and came at like 37, Becks was wayyy past his prime in his thirties.

Icardi is 26 in his peak and was the Serie A top scorer just a year ago. He is definitely in everyones top 10 CF in the world rn. Never had that before that's why it's very hard to believe.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Really loving the movement by Canada, they just lack that last bit of precision.

It's nice to see some positive soccer, a nice change from IMFC haha.

With that being said, Godinho shouldn't be starting over ZBG. Maybe Herdman wants to keep him for the more important games, or maybe the kid didn't do good this week.

Canada controls the play, but the defense can be leaky. Good thing Borjan is there. Even Piette made a brutal turnover at the end there.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It's nice to see some positive soccer, a nice change from IMFC haha.

With that being said, Godinho shouldn't be starting over ZBG. Maybe Herdman wants to keep him for the more important games, or maybe the kid didn't do good this week.

Canada controls the play, but the defense can be leaky. Good thing Borjan is there. Even Piette made a brutal turnover at the end there.
They fell asleep the last 5 -10 minutes there. Otherwise, encouraging to see the willingness to play positive soccer. And I agree, would love to see ZBG on the right side.

Piette has been a bit non chalant the last few games, including those with IMFC. Don't know what's up, he's kinda slow to react to pressure around him.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Watched the Copa game which was highly entertaining, missed Canada's, I saw the lineup... not the best one. If Henry is healthy I would definitely move Hutchinson up as DMid over Potato, because I don't trust him especially not against Mexico as he's my favorite player. Can't pass under pressure to save his life. I saw he got a yellow too, smfh how you get a yellow against Martinique. They are semipros. He probably lost the ball and did a dangerous tackle. Anyway no more of this bum against Mexico por favor. Against Cuba doesn't matter.

The real test is next game. ZBG over Godinho, Davies at LB. Herdman did a very risky move by only bringing in 3 CBs.

Hoping to see a Arfield-Hutchinson-Kaye at least one time in this tourney with Osorio on the bench. Kaye is superior to Osorio as CM. It's so unfortunate we'll never get to see Atiba with Eustaquio side to side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->