OT: Montreal Impact thread: Is it 2018 yet? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Ok but did u know the Saputo family is worth alot more than MLSE? I know it's only Joey who runs the team but still. You can't tell me he can't spend. Plus he bought a Serie A team.

Saputo family : $6.24 billion
MLSE : $1,5 billion

I said he had a rich daddy. His daddy's company isn't running the team. Joey has money, but he doesn't have MLSE money. If Saputo Inc. ran the team, I would agree that we could spend with the TFCs and LAGs of the world.

Develop well, draft well and spend smartly on the right international players. That's what we need to do. We won't overspend TFC. We are not a tax break for two large corporations.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
I said he had a rich daddy. His daddy's company isn't running the team. Joey has money, but he doesn't have MLSE money. If Saputo Inc. ran the team, I would agree that we could spend with the TFCs and LAGs of the world.

Develop well, draft well and spend smartly on the right international players. That's what we need to do. We won't overspend TFC. We are not a tax break for two large corporations.

Agreed, but Joey still needs to open his pockets

21st in terms of payroll out of 22 teams is not gonna cut it. 7 teams had at least twice our payroll...

Reactions: JunglePete

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Agreed, but Joey still needs to open his pockets

21st in terms of payroll out of 22 teams is not gonna cut it. 7 teams had at least twice our payroll...

Yup, I agree. Especially with the new rules. We will never spend 20M on three players (overpaying badly on all three of them relative to the World market). We need to spend, but we need to spend smartly.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Ok but did u know the Saputo family is worth alot more than MLSE? I know it's only Joey who runs the team but still. You can't tell me he can't spend. Plus he bought a Serie A team.

Saputo family : $6.24 billion
MLSE : $1,5 billion

Once again, I know Joey isn't personally worth 6 billion. Then aagain, there isn't alot of Saputos in business... Hope he just starts spending for once.

The thing is, while for Rogers and Bell it makes sense to spend on a sports team because it's related to their core business, you can't say the same for a Milk processing company. Besides, it's Joey's team, not Lino's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
I am geographically closer to Boston and New York than I am to Toronto. I do not give a **** about "Canada's" team.

I am a Québécois from the Eastern Townships, the only thing I have in common with people from Toronto are federal taxes. One of my very good childhood friend lives in Seattle. I have more reasons to cheer for them than I have Toronto. I know you are trolling, but eat my shorts TFC boy.

Nobody calls TFC Canada's team...never have...and the feeling is mutual. Trust me.

qwfb2j0knb6z.jpg

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Nobody calls TFC Canada's team...never have...and the feeling is mutual. Trust me.

qwfb2j0knb6z.jpg

That sign was a retaliation to a poor taste sign by the Ultras where it was written "f*** Toronto". 7 days later TFC fans came with this, where at least in that one was a little bit of humor attached to it.

We had it coming, so need to be dwelling on it.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
First The Grey Cup, and now The MLS Cup. Those bastards, now watch them win Stanley. :thumbd:

We'd never hear the end of it.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Hardly overpaying badly ... THEY WON!!!

Didn't say it was stupid or that it didn't work. I said they badly overpaid based on market value. Bradley isn't worth 5M a year. They overpaid because they could and it worked. Good for them. IMFC, and the overwhelming majority of MLS teams, cannot do that. TFC used its competitive advantage and built a great team. Once again, good for them.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Wait what? Real Canadians?

... as versus the "anti" Canadian fans on this site. Their anti Toronto hate and anything other than Quebec continual whining is disgusting.

You think they are pulling for the Impact? Hardly. There are a lot more TFC fans than Impact fans in this country.

They are on the wagon for TFC to win. It's only the whiners in Quebec who hate TFC, blab crap like this, and didn't want Toronto to win . TRUST ME!!!

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Didn't say it was stupid or that it didn't work. I said they badly overpaid based on market value. Bradley isn't worth 5M a year. They overpaid because they could and it worked. Good for them. IMFC, and the overwhelming majority of MLS teams, cannot do that. TFC used its competitive advantage and built a great team. Once again, good for them.

That's what you have to do to win ... overpay. It costs money. How many millions (billions) over the last 15 years do you think Germany spent to overhaul their country's football (soccer) program.? It costs big money to win.

Last edited:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
... as versus the "anti" Canadian fans on this site. Their anti Toronto hate and anything other than Quebec continual whining is disgusting.

You think they are pulling for the Impact? Hardly. There are a lot more TFC fans than Impact fans in this country.

They are on the wagon for TFC to win. It's only the whiners in Quebec who hate TFC, blab crap like this, and didn't want Toronto to win . TRUST ME!!!

I don't think you understand the concept of rivalry and you're digging up 30 years old debates because of your own weird repressed memories

please stop

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

You think Real Madrid fans would cheer for Barca in Champions league final or vice-versa? Give your head a shake

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

I know you're trolling, but I'll still try to improve your knowledge of history. The term "Canadien" was first used to refer to Francophones, but that was appropriated by the Anglos. Just like the national anthem, which was written in French. Now , if there are any "real" Canadians, they are not the ones you think. Besides, saying Toronto represents the whole of Canada is rather idiotic, as this country is as diverse as is it wide.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

Ah, like the TFC fans who wanted us to lose in the Champions League finals. Go tell them they're not real Canadians.

What idiotic thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad