OT: Montreal Impact thread: Is it 2018 yet? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Not sure why you guys are upset. TFC totally deserves this. Best team in history. They spent the money, built a magnificent stadium, expanded their brand and contributed immensely to the success of MLS. Yes they’re our rivals but instead of acting like a jealous bitch let’s try to build a team that can beat them.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Not sure why you guys are upset. TFC totally deserves this. Best team in history. They spent the money, built a magnificent stadium, expanded their brand and contributed immensely to the success of MLS. Yes they’re our rivals but instead of acting like a jealous ***** let’s try to build a team that can beat them.

Yes they're our rivals

That should do it alright

Yankees fans wouldn't support the Red Sox
Real Madrid fans wouldn't support Barca
Manchester United wouldn't support City

etc etc

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Not sure why you guys are upset. TFC totally deserves this. Best team in history. They spent the money, built a magnificent stadium, expanded their brand and contributed immensely to the success of MLS. Yes they’re our rivals but instead of acting like a jealous ***** let’s try to build a team that can beat them.
The only time I'd truly support TFC is if they play a CL final against Club America.

Last edited:

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
What sucks is knowing how far behind we are. Big names, academy players and depth. Toronto has us beat in all that. Remi Garde needs to work his Lyon magic and produce a golden generation for us to even have a hope of catching up.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

I'm upset because I hate them. They do deserve it though.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Still, they could've won 2 cups in a row by now and only got one :laugh:

Seattle lost to poor tactical decisions and bad luck. (No Alonso, and the coach tried way too hard a new system)
Haha..

Seattle lost to being thoroughly bitch slapped all game long.

Reactions: Lilou

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
What sucks is knowing how far behind we are. Big names, academy players and depth. Toronto has us beat in all that. Remi Garde needs to work his Lyon magic and produce a golden generation for us to even have a hope of catching up.

Yet not a single TFC academy player saw the field. (Excluding Osorio who played in the CPL before)

At least Garde, Braz and Flachenz were at the stadium according to Acardio

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
CONGRATULATIONS!!! to Toronto FC for winning the final and bringing the championship to Canada. You've made real Canadians proud.

That is my take as well. In a final Vancouver vs Toronto, I'd cheer for Vancouver but will take a Canadian team over US. Now Leafs are a different story..

Reactions: varsaku

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
That is my take as well. In a final Vancouver vs Toronto, I'd cheer for Vancouver but will take a Canadian team over US. Now Leafs are a different story..
I hate more TFC than I hate the Leafs

I wouldn't mind the Leafs winning the Stanley Cup actually

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

I hate TFC more than any team. Giovinco is a diving diva and Altidore is almost worst. I like Vazquez though I believe he is their mvp. I am jealous of the Maple Leafs young forwards

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I hate more TFC than I hate the Leafs

I wouldn't mind the Leafs winning the Stanley Cup actually

With the way Leafs are being built, they will be good for a long time. Even if I hate them, I have already accepted that.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You can't compare NHL/MLS teams anyway. Montréal has 9m under the cap limit in the NHL and TFC is paying almost 20M for 3 players when the cap is 4M or so

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
People who want Joey to spend more need to realize that he is just a fanboy with a rich daddy. TFC is owned by a corporation that have the Leafs as a cash cow. We will never be able to outspend them. Our only hope is to develop our own star and sign the right DPs.

Reactions: TRG

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
People who want Joey to spend more need to realize that he is just a fanboy with a rich daddy. TFC is owned by a corporation that have the Leafs as a cash cow. We will never be able to outspend them. Our only hope is to develop our own star and sign the right DPs.

I know you do not like them but I expect you to be there or watch it live. Support canadas team.

2017 MLS Cup Championship Parade

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I know you do not like them but I expect you to be there or watch it live. Support canadas team.

2017 MLS Cup Championship Parade

I am geographically closer to Boston and New York than I am to Toronto. I do not give a f*** about "Canada's" team.

I am a Québécois from the Eastern Townships, the only thing I have in common with people from Toronto are federal taxes. One of my very good childhood friend lives in Seattle. I have more reasons to cheer for them than I have Toronto. I know you are trolling, but eat my shorts TFC boy.

Reactions: QuebecPride and TRG

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Ok but did u know the Saputo family is worth alot more than MLSE? I know it's only Joey who runs the team but still. You can't tell me he can't spend. Plus he bought a Serie A team.

Saputo family : $6.24 billion
MLSE : $1,5 billion

Once again, I know Joey isn't personally worth 6 billion. Then aagain, there isn't alot of Saputos in business... Hope he just starts spending for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad