OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Impactada Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Bojan is discussion to sign a new contract.

Raitala, Orji, Corrales, Shome, Jackson, Saba are done with the IMFC.
I'm 100% fine with all this. If Bojan stays under a more team friendly deal I'll be happy but if not it won't be a big issue replacing him. Shome and Orji can both play a role but we can replace them from within the system so no biggie there either.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Shome didn’t get much of a chance but to be fair academy kids are probably as good as him

I disagree, he got good MLS experience as well as International experience with a very high ceiling. I believe he will get another MLS team interested in him by tomorrow morning. Perhaps for the expansion draft, not worried about his career whereas academy alumni if they are let go by Impact, its pretty much back to school or CPL.

If its accurate that Bojan is in discussion to stay, then this team has no ambition but on the other hand I agree with all the players that were declined. Easily replaceable.

I’d still think Bojan is coming back. Other than that we’re not losing much. Hopefully Jackson heads on over to the CPL to develop his game.

Develop his game? He is 27 :laugh:

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
So Fanni could be back, if he wants to keep playing, according to Renard.

He'd be good depth at CB for sure, are we going to be tight on international spots?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

He'd be good depth at CB for sure, are we going to be tight on international spots?

I think he is on the verge of getting his residency but don't quote me on that.

Anyway Renard and Henry are working on bringing a very good player... watch it in a few weeks:thumbu:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Fanni can still ball, he can be a great influence on Binks and Waterman. But I do hope that Waterman is relied upon as part of the future of the squad.

Reactions: Hope Of Glory

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
His aura was bigger than his playing skills. He was very skillful and speedy don't get me wrong but he doesn't come close to Messi nor Ronaldo. Argentina was very poor (still is) and Maradona won them a 2nd WC (with the infamous Hand of God), 8 years after '78 with and became a cult figure worldwide for his off field antics.

Me personally, I would've rather hung out with him than see him play. Even without knowing him I know he would've rather lived 60 years doing whatever the f*** he wanted than live 80 years with health problems. Let's be honest he is crazy af, probably crazier than me, I doubt he even cares he died wherever he is now.

Let's be grateful and cherish Messi and Ronaldo while they're still here because I don't think we're ever gonna see players like that anymore. A few years ago, I asked my uncle ( in his 60's) who has seen Pele and Maradona play in person, Who is the GOAT ? His response with no hesitation Messi and he hates thierry Henry and find him overrated (so do I)

You're making evaluations about a player you never saw. Judging from many of your previous posts, it's kind of typical of you. So you pull your uncle into the argument because he saw him. I'm also old enough to have seen him and I don't agree with your uncle. Of the 4 players mentioned in your post, Messi Ronaldo, Pele and Maradona, it becomes a case of preference. All four were (are) great players and to be honest I have trouble picking a GOAT from among those 4.

P.S. I'm old enough to have seen Pele play.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
You're making evaluations about a player you never saw. Judging from many of your previous posts, it's kind of typical of you. So you pull your uncle into the argument because he saw him. I'm also old enough to have seen him and I don't agree with your uncle. Of the 4 players mentioned in your post, Messi Ronaldo, Pele and Maradona, it becomes a case of preference. All four were (are) great players and to be honest I have trouble picking a GOAT from among those 4.

P.S. I'm old enough to have seen Pele play.

Good for you,

you seem very proud to be old enough as if tapes of old games are scrapped.

&

My uncle is just trivia details not factual. Did you follow Maradona when he was playing with Boca Jrs? Highly doubt it, but he did. You not being able to pick a Goat is your problem. Matter of fact anyone from that generation (with a little knowledge) that I've spoken with leans to Messi. Does it mean it's true ? probably not but who cares, I did see many many vintage games of Argentina, so I don't know where you get the assumptions that I never saw him play. Maradona himself said Messi was better than him and he wasn't with the PCness.

Compare his 89-90 season where he scored 18 goals in 36 games to Messi's 11-12 of 73 goals in 60 games.

C'mon man

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Good for you,

you seem very proud to be old enough as if tapes of old games are scrapped.

&

My uncle is just trivia details not factual. Did you follow Maradona when he was playing with Boca Jrs? Highly doubt it, but he did. You not being able to pick a Goat is your problem. Matter of fact anyone from that generation (with a little knowledge) that I've spoken with leans to Messi. Does it mean it's true ? probably not but who cares, I did see many many vintage games of Argentina, so I don't know where you get the assumptions that I never saw him play. Maradona himself said Messi was better than him and he wasn't with the PCness.

Compare his 89-90 season where he scored 18 goals in 36 games to Messi's 11-12 of 73 goals in 60 games.

C'mon man
My folks are from southern Italy and I speak a Neapolitan dialect so my team in serie A is Napoli. Just go look at that team's record. Before and after Maradona, Napoli is the present-day Habs. When Maradona played there, Napoli was the 75-79 Habs. Come and talk to me when Messi does that for any team.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
My folks are from southern Italy and I speak a Neapolitan dialect so my team in serie A is Napoli. Just go look at that team's record. Before and after Maradona, Napoli is the present-day Habs. When Maradona played there, Napoli was the 75-79 Habs. Come and talk to me when Messi does that for any team.

so you don't think you're way too biased?

Tim Duncan single handlely changed San Antonio Spurs. Does that make him the Goat? No. Liverpool was terribad then Suarez came and was doing everything by himself and finished 2nd in his last season. What Maradona has done is fantastic but it's because of his personality that he gets more praised than he should as a player. He is a people person. Someone that the poor people, lower class can relate to, Messi isn't.

Let's be honest Maradona had Careca by his side eventually and he is one of the best forwards. And for Argentina don't even get me started.. But anyway you're a Napoli fan therefore you'll obviously be biased.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Nilton had me all excited for Florin Tanase, but since that initial report, we haven't heard anything.
I doubt they're going to announce anything before the end of the MLS season, and we might have to wait even longer than that if these new players that have apparently already signed (as per Renard and Vassili) can't play in CCL.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Urruti also successfully operated, out 6-8 weeks. I know he’s useless but we’re barely going to be able to field an 18 for CCL at this rate lol.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Sucks regarding the sale% but we can definitely use more fullback depth.
He will end up being the starter on the left, book it.

He was very good in his CMNT debut and I’d argue he didn’t get a break/fair chance at Cercle Brugge, he looked like a guy who had that quality Atleast. If he does work his potential is definitely Italian at the least.

it may have been one game but this is an underrated signing and very smart. There was a bit of hype on him.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
He will end up being the starter on the left, book it.

He was very good in his CMNT debut and I’d argue he didn’t get a break/fair chance at Cercle Brugge, he looked like a guy who had that quality Atleast. If he does work his potential is definitely Italian at the least.

it may have been one game but this is an underrated signing and very smart. There was a bit of hype on him.
Yeah, everyone is penciling him in behind Kizza, but Kizza is still an unproven MLS player. Either way, it’s good to have two young guys with potential. That way, regardless of who finds more immediate success the club can grab a nice profit on a sale and still have a second young player that can step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad