Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm kinda rooting for Orlando for fun.

> Wins the tournament
> a CB makes a save on a PK
> Wins MLS Cup

... all after being the worst team in history last season?

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Philly looked terrible tonight. Impact with no midfield played NE harder than the Supporters Shield winners.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Nashville doesn't play complex football but it's efficient. They have great crossing. With a better striker, the game tonight ends 3-0, easily.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Way too young to die like that but the man did some very hard living , which took quite a toll in the end a la George Best. Still, an absolute legend in his own right.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Diego's performance at the 94 world cup was one of my earliest sports memories, along with the Joe Carter homer.

He will forever remain a part of my childhood. Rest in peace Diego.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
RIP Diego, I wish I could've seen him play. Same for Pelé.

His aura was bigger than his playing skills. He was very skillful and speedy don't get me wrong but he doesn't come close to Messi nor Ronaldo. Argentina was very poor (still is) and Maradona won them a 2nd WC (with the infamous Hand of God), 8 years after '78 with and became a cult figure worldwide for his off field antics.

Me personally, I would've rather hung out with him than see him play. Even without knowing him I know he would've rather lived 60 years doing whatever the f*** he wanted than live 80 years with health problems. Let's be honest he is crazy af, probably crazier than me, I doubt he even cares he died wherever he is now.

Let's be grateful and cherish Messi and Ronaldo while they're still here because I don't think we're ever gonna see players like that anymore. A few years ago, I asked my uncle ( in his 60's) who has seen Pele and Maradona play in person, Who is the GOAT ? His response with no hesitation Messi and he hates thierry Henry and find him overrated (so do I)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Diego's performance at the 94 world cup was one of my earliest sports memories, along with the Joe Carter homer.

He will forever remain a part of my childhood. Rest in peace Diego.

I remember this moment. It was also the first game Greece played in the World Cup in their history. Argentina won 4-0.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
This is from the Montreal Impact release I received by e-mail:

The Impact has exercised options for goalkeepers Clément Diop, James Pantemis and Jonathan Sirois, defender Karifa Yao, midfielders Clément Bayiha, Mathieu Choinière, Tomas Giraldo and Amar Sejdic, as well as forwards Romell Quioto and Mason Toye.

Earlier this season, the Impact had also announced loan extensions from Bologna FC, for defender Luis Binks and midfielder Lassi Lappalainen, until December 31, 2021.

Defenders Zachary Brault-Guillard, Rudy Camacho, Keesean Ferdinand, Mustafa Kizza and Joel Waterman, midfielders Emanuel Maciel, Samuel Piette, Ballou Tabla and Victor Wanyama, as well as forward Maximiliano Urruti, are all under contract for next season.

The club will not exercise its option for midfielders Bojan, Steeven Saba and Shamit Shome, as well for forward Anthony Jackson-Hamel.

Defenders Rod Fanni, Jukka Raitala and Jorge Corrales' contracts ended in 2020, as well as midfielder Orji Okwonkwo's loan.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

The Impact has exercised options for goalkeepers Clément Diop, James Pantemis and Jonathan Sirois, defender Karifa Yao, midfielders Clément Bayiha, Mathieu Choinière, Tomas Giraldo and Amar Sejdic, as well as forwards Romell Quioto and Mason Toye.

Earlier this season, the Impact had also announced loan extensions from Bologna FC, for defender Luis Binks and midfielder Lassi Lappalainen, until December 31, 2021.

Defenders Zachary Brault-Guillard, Rudy Camacho, Keesean Ferdinand, Mustafa Kizza and Joel Waterman, midfielders Emanuel Maciel, Samuel Piette, Ballou Tabla and Victor Wanyama, as well as forward Maximiliano Urruti, are all under contract for next season.

The club will not exercise its option for midfielders Bojan, Steeven Saba and Shamit Shome, as well for forward Anthony Jackson-Hamel.

Defenders Rod Fanni, Jukka Raitala and Jorge Corrales' contracts ended in 2020, as well as midfielder Orji Okwonkwo's loan.
The Montreal Impact exercises options for ten player.

Yup, looks like it could be the end for Bojan and Jackson, unless they can work a new deal out.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

The club will not exercise its option for midfielders Bojan, Steeven Saba and Shamit Shome, as well for forward Anthony Jackson-Hamel. The club not exercising its options only means they didn't want to pay what the contract was on the option, it's not ncessarily that they won't be back.

So no DP tag for Bojan and the defenders become Free agents. They'll probably negotiate down the contracts for Saba, Shome, Bojan and AJH.

All the guys in the first sentence are getting raises. Those that already have contracts won't necessarily be back, but they didn't have to make a decision yet on them unlike upcoming free agents and guys with options.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
I’d still think Bojan is coming back. Other than that we’re not losing much. Hopefully Jackson heads on over to the CPL to develop his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad