OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Impactada Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

I feel like Shome is a prime example of not developing due to lack of play time. He had all the tools to develop into an MLS caliber midfielder, but has just stayed the same for the past 3 seasons. No progress. He didn't earn it at the MLS level and needed some time to play in a lower league.

Reactions: QuebecPride

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Still a must stay. He's our best LW after Quioto who's also almost our best #9 right now

He's a good player, but not irreplaceable I don't think. To be fair, it's the case for pretty much anyone on the roster. There are so many good soccer players in the world, and a lot of talent can be had on the cheap à la Kizza or Quioto. You'll notice a lot of must-stays on my list are local players, because non-international players are key for a Canadian MLS team. For the same talent, they are also much cheaper than players from Europe.

Reactions: ArtPeur

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Lassi's not irreplaceable, but unless we can get a player of his quality on a permanent transfer instead of a loan, I don't think finding someone would be worth the effort. We have actual holes to fill before working on marginal upgrades.

Regarding Shome, he played well under Garde. He was the revelation of that team ala Sejdic this year. For some reason TH never gave him a real shot at mid. I think he's fine depth at this point but he's better off getting a starter role in the CPL and developing more of an offensive game.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Interesting. He looks like a teen though

The team is asking for 5M for what I gather. They were asking for 8-10M EU before Covid-19 for him.

6 feet + attacker, can play LW or RW.

He has such an awkward face lol

virusul-a-vrut-sa-facem-cunostinta-reactia-capitanului-florin-tanase-dupa-ce-a-ajuns-la-perfuzii-momentele_1_size6.jpg

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The team is asking for 5M for what I gather. They were asking for 8-10M EU before Covid-19 for him.

Go the Bologna way at worst. He scored 9 goals in 10 games this season. Sign him already (lol). How bad/good is the Romanian league anyway?

(he had covid according to TMarkt though)

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020

virusul-a-vrut-sa-facem-cunostinta-reactia-capitanului-florin-tanase-dupa-ce-a-ajuns-la-perfuzii-momentele_1_size6.jpg

Would be unlike IMFC to pay a transfer fee that high but I guess they could do Bologna/Impact. Would be an interesting signing but the Romanian league is pretty weak and his numbers prior to this year don't look great.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
At that price they would really need to make sure he can play . Renard has been pretty good at pro scouting so I wouldn't be that worried about it.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Funny enough he was on my Fifa mobile team when I had to play the Romanian league 2 days ago. In game he was ok, scoring every free kicks, good dribbling but not too strong. I had to replace him. I have never seen him play in real life so Idk. Doubt he is a DP. I guess someone in the Front office was playing the same league as me with a similar team because its a bit random. However the superstar in that league is Denis Man by far followed by Garcia and Deac.

No idea how old they are but they were great in game for me and they looked young based on their pic :dunno:

If anything smells like Bojan replacement which is fine for me.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Btw those Romanian dont play with their hair, all the young players had the sharpest lineups. If you have bad hair lineup you will be released. Justin Mapp would have no chance there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad