OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Impactada Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
typical impact. play not to lose. very little talent all over the park. A for effort, but ultimately a garbage team, beaten by the type of finisher they've needed for years

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm sad.

That said.

Camacho probably played his best game ever... at DM.

That said.

He should have been covering Bou at that moment but he was at his usual CB line.

Reactions: QuebecPride

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Good game from our crew. Let's be positive! 3 designated players against 0. The 2 most important midfielders who were not on the field.

Now, let's see what Renard can do now.

Reactions: willzyix

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
A lot of weird comments in this thread. Yeah, losing in that way sucked (expected) but the only thing that really made me upset was TH starting Corrales and Jackson. Both have brought nothing all year. Should have played Toye and Kizza from the start and give them some big game experience for next year.

Either way, there's still Champions League in December, so hopefully the team gets some deserved R&R to try and nab a comeback win against Olimpia.

Reactions: ArtPeur

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
I'm sad.

That said.

Camacho probably played his best game ever... at DM.

That said.

He should have been covering Bou at that moment but he was at his usual CB line.

Yup, at the end of the day another Camacho mistake. He drifted into the back line a few times. I don’t blame him though, it’s hard to play against your instincts like that. He did well considering.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
What an awesome performance. Really, nothing negative to say, New England are just the better team.

Can we talk about Camacho at DM? more of that next year pls.

New England on the other hand are very fun to watch, I really like Buksa, not the best player on the ball, but such a lethal target man. If they didnt have that many playmakers they would have scored at least 4.

But more importantly Kudos to the team, they played their hearts out and thats what matters at the end.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yup, at the end of the day another Camacho mistake. He drifted into the back line a few times. I don’t blame him though, it’s hard to play against your instincts like that. He did well considering.

Way too harsh to blame him. Without him the game would've been sealed long before. He also got the perfect assist on Quioto's goal and that kept Impact in the game. I'm just glad he got to play where he belongs now the only thing left for TH is to play Lassi as striker and Piette as CB where they both belong. 1/3 achieved.

And we need a target man. I'm thinking of that Syrian striker who scores everyday in Saudi Arabia. Complete forward. He would score heaps here

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Way too harsh to blame him. Without him the game would've been sealed long before. He also got the perfect assist on Quioto's goal and that kept Impact in the game. I'm just glad he got to play where he belongs now the only thing left for TH is to play Lassi as striker and Piette as CB where they both belong. 1/3 achieved.

And we need a target man. I'm thinking of that Syrian striker who scores everyday in Saudi Arabia. Complete forward. He would score heaps here
Oh yeah, he played well last night and I'm not throwing him under the bus for the loss or anything. Mistakes happen. Just it wouldn't be 2020 if it didn't end that way.

Reactions: QuebecPride

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Probably the ending that we deserved based on our record, though a potential TFC matchup would have been great.

Let's just win the CCL match and make that our focus. That's our ticket to drawing more talent from down south.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Oh yeah, he played well last night and I'm not throwing him under the bus for the loss or anything. Mistakes happen. Just it wouldn't be 2020 if it didn't end that way.

Ok cool

Considering we will not be a possession type of team in 2021, here is the ideal lineup for me in a 4-3-3 with 2 DMs

Quioto-New CF-New RW
Sejdic
Wanyama-Camacho
Kizza-Binks-Waterman-ZBG

Subs : Lassi, Raitala, Maciel, Toye and the rest

OUT : Bojan, Shome, Orji, Saba, Fanni, Urruti, AJH
In : DP CF, DP RW, Ciman, backup CF, TAM CM or CAM notBojan pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad