OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Impactada Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Why does the crest look like some lame police department?

I'll make sure to never support the team financially that includes watching the team on streams when /if I watch games.

As if people internationally are gonna watch impact lmao the delusion is real. Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, Columbus Crew, Lafc so many great teams but they will watch Montreal....

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
name is OK, but logo is simply ridiculous :D
The Montreal Snowflakes , nice lol

I kind of like the name Club de Foot.

But in the French Ligue 1, the top division where Paris St-Germaine play, there are teams called FC (ex: FC Girondins de Bordeaux). So it's a real shame some people in Quebec were so offended by us potentially being called FC Montreal. Still hopefully CF Montreal works.

Reactions: lo striver

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Marketing will be happy, they have now a logo that is more a platform, with different elements usable elsewhere (the arrows). However, it's bland as f***, the name blows (Foot, really?!) and the f***ing snowflakes lmao

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
They really called themselves Club Foot....

Shoot I had a friend who was born with this condition. Club foot ? Lmao

They are gonna regret this

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
I kind of like the name Club de Foot.

But in the French Ligue 1, the top division where Paris St-Germaine play, there are teams called FC (ex: FC Girondins de Bordeaux). So it's a real shame some people in Quebec were so offended by us potentially being called FC Montreal. Still hopefully CF Montreal works.

they could have also put "Football club" (in smaller letters, obviously :sarcasm: ) instead of having "Club de Foot" twice or is it repeated for each foot?

Reactions: 26Mats

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
apparently there is some logic behind. :D

mtl-logo-explained.png

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
More like how long till they move to CPL. Their new slogan should be "backwards af, we are."

KG is on acid and just wayyyy out of touch and Saputo is still on coke again. The person who came up with the logo in on Pot

I bet Gilmore thinks we play baseball.
When something gets more negative reactions on Facebook than positive you know you f***ed up.

how in the world they got it so wrong is beyond me ?

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal
That's the difference between you and us. We care because we'll be there year in year out. The name and logo aim to be a lifestyle rather than a substitute to a hobby.

Perhaps but the ''people'' like me represent maybe 95%+ of the fans watching games in the stands or on TV.

You want success? you need to pay... look at Toronto. Their name is bland and boring as well and what is the logo again? wow a big T! But they pay to get players to score goals and play some defence...

Call them the Montreal pink bananas for all I care, if they score 4 goals a game a win a MLS championship everyone will be happy IMO.

Reactions: QuebecPride
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->