OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Impactada Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't understand how you go through with something that is clearly not better than the last thing....

It looks like a bland winter clothing company logo.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
They're trying to recreate the city logo but man, I wish for better

1eed767b096a742e8280d4dea498c194.jpg

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
What a bland logo.

I wasn't against changing the name and rebranding but, if you can't do better, then don't touch it.

I hope it's not what's revealed tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

not sure if this version was posted but I'm gonna puke a little as it is looking like it's the real thing

Somehow it looks decent... but why the f*** is it a snowflake??? They must know what snowflakes represent today, right? I still can’t believe they would be this obtuse.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
This will be their process :

1. Announce what they will call the major marketing coup, into renaming this team into whatever, changing the logo.. I call it a Reach but I will wait to see the official report before bashing it.

2. Sign a major player from Colombia to distract everyone from this awful decision and brand it as the marketing bang thus reinforcing and validating the need to change the name.

They may say we dont wanna erase our past but better our future blablabla. Dont fall for it, you and I know, a terrible idea but their cheerleading journalists will praise KG like no tomorrow. Once again, dont fall for it.

In 3 months, we will all forget about it and this is maybe their mentality.

I respect him because he is a Boricua and its super rare in MLS but he is a moron. He turned NYRB into a whole MESS. But He also was Marsch's assistant and a great player so who knows.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Good points, but I do think it'll be tough unless by some miracle to MLS schedule makers play all Canada games quickly and then off to the US. They won't be playing across the border in March/April or whenever the season starts.

I'd say normalcy in Quebec will only happen once summer starts if we find a way to reduce cases and more importantly reduce hospital resources. The vaccine may protect people from entering the hospital, but the spread of the virus needs to be controlled. Traveling across borders on a daily/weekly will not be allowed, at least that's my opinion.

Again, the issue is not the situation in Québec (it's far worse in California and in parts of the US), it's the quarantine for travelers. That's why it leads me to think the Impact will start the year playing the Voyageurs cup and all the games vs. Toronto and Vancouver. After that, if they have to quarantine again, they might simply move to New Jersey again to finish the year.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
I'm not much into the american culture, so please enlighten what does snowflake means? Like little guy that gets pushed over and cries to his mom?
Something like this, from urban dictionary: "implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions."

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Something like this, from urban dictionary: "implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions."

In other words, cry-babies. I actually find it fitting with the Impact lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->