Montreal Impact Thread 14.0 - The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It was my first ever Impact game live. What a way to start! Now every other game will look boring. :laugh:

Toronto was so bad on D. Montreal was dangerous every time they near Toronto's D.

Really liked Mapp, Romero, Paponi and Di Vaio.

I expected a difficult game for the Impact with Lefevre and Tissot on D, but they looked good.

Habsland35

Aug 24, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Screw that, play Nyassi as sub forward and take 1 out to protect leads.

thats what id consider as well....i think wenger needs to play. he showed tonight that hes very capable of being a starter and at the same time Di Viao seems to be much more effective with a forward next to him...not only scoring goals but making some great passes as well

what a game tonight though lol im still buzzing over that 4th goal...what a play

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I was at the game! Sitting in the corner close to the goal where the Impact scores in the first half. What a game! And to think I was soo disppointed after the result of last week and I thought we didn't stand a chance.

- Camara is a beast, Brovsky is solid and I prefer Lefevre and Tissot to Ouimette.
- It sucks for Paponi. I hope we keep playing the 4-4-2 with Di Vaio, Nyassi, Wenger and I think it was mentioned that Pisanu and/or Romero has played striker before, no?
- Best game I've ever seen from Mapp. And I didn't know he could play a full 90 minutes! (more like 100, it felt like the game was never going to end!)
- The ref that was on the line near to us (on Romero's side in the first half) was atrocious! Two bad very obvious calls in like 10 minutes in the first half. And then later it really felt like he had no idea on one call and he just took a guess.

Anyway, we had a great time. What a great summer night entertainment!

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
What a great victory by Montreal !! Amazing comeback !! :handclap: I believe that this is probably one of the most memorable Win in the history of this team.

Too bad I couldn't watched the game...

It sucks for Daniele Paponi.... out for 4-6 weeks :cry: The guy is so good !! He is probably a star in the making.

If you guys need a good Laugh, go check that game thread in the TFC forum:
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?34077-Pre-In-Post-Voyageurs-Cup-Semi-Final-Leg-2-Toronto-at-Montreal-Wed-1-May-7-30pm

It's the most funny thread I have read in a long time !! The comedy show starts around page 3-4; TFC fans raging and swearing all over the place :laugh:

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
ON A MARCHÉ SUR TORONTO... ON A MARCHÉ SUR TO-RONNNNNNNNNNNN-TO!

What a game, what a show! Our boys showed a LOT of character and they completely DESTROYED TFC tonight. Just got back to Quebec City and I'm exhausted and I'll be voiceless tomorrow, but I had the time of my life. Even Mapp was outstanding! I don't know who spoke to our players before the game, but that person got his message across. I'm so happy right now, I can't sleep, 9am will come fast, but I don't care! ALLEZ MONTRÉAL ALLEZ!

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
We're going to face Vancouver in the final. Is the schedule out for the final? Let's fill the stadium :)

Btw yesterday was the 1st time since over a year I watch the home game on tv and just realized that SS looks very nice on TV lol.

Last edited:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Was this the 1st time that Mapp has played as right midfielder? That could of been a major factor. Who knows, maybe he sees the play better when his body is inclined on the left.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
We're going to face Vancouver in the final. Is the schedule out for the final? Let's fill the stadium :)

Btw yesterday was the 1st time since over a year I watch the home game on tv and just realized that SS looks very nice on TV lol.

May 15th, May 29th.. can't say which one is the road game though. I'd say that the 15th should be the home game as Vancouver had more points than us in MLS last year!?

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
That's a lot of games in May.
But we can play with a full lineup on the 15th. We don't have a game before the 25th.

I hope at least none of the week days games fall at the same time as a Habs playoffa game. Specially not a home game.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
With Paponi injured expect the return of the 4-1-4-1 unfortunately. Can't have your only two strikers both playing at once

We look dominant in the 4-4-2, way more so than in any other formation this year. Wenger is much more effective in this setup because he likes to track back for the ball, di vaio as well. I found the team too static in a 4-2-3-1. I'm all for Wenger starting. He plays a solid overall game that he doesn't need to score goals to be effective.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm not sure about a full lineup. We'll be missing Paponi and maybe Rivas/Ferrari/Nesta to injuries and we will play on May 11th vs RSL at SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad