Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
WS you're a little out to lunch.

What's the job of the officiating? To call the game with integrity and impartiality and neither of those things happened two nights ago. Prust has every right to be upset. He didn't play like garbage. He got penalized for a call that is RARELY called in the playoffs. Dale Weise got clipped or kneed in the 3rd, wasn't called. NHL has a history of having an officiating crew that is inconsistent, partisan/not impartial, and calls the game with no integrity frequently.

If I was Brandon, I would've called the head of officiating and complained that way, not to the media. But what's done is done...

Please tell me how those calls against Prust were without integrity and impartiality? First call on Prust? Or the 2nd one? First, even if we think it was not deserved, it is what it is...a bad call. Has nothing to do with integrity etc. Then...2nd call....well what did Prust say? Is it the first time in NHL history that an unsportsmanlike conduct or a 10 minutes was given for abuse of officials? Absolutely not.

You might totally have a point regarding Gallagher. Gallagher is seen as this little pest, and penalties against him won't be called because he's Gallagher. You can then call it integrity if you want. Problem here is that refs are, unfortunately, calling the game....but also they do have their reports on each and every one of the players on the ice to Watch out for embellishments and so on.....Is it also lack of integrity and impartiality? 'Cause because a guy who is known to embellish might be call more often for that even if in that specific case, he didn't? Well personnally, I think that the players are responsible of their own actions and that they are responsible of the reputation they have. Somehow, I would be damn glad if Kreider would be seen as a guy who wants to injure goalies. Or that Bishop is a god damn embellisher. Seems that we are not there but they will have that reputation. And it will be their fault. And if actually you want to redeem the integrity of the game, you need to put in their place guys that deserve it.

And Prust said he was sorry today. Probably driven by a BIG tentative of damage control by the Habs who KNOW that refs would be all over them. Possible that Prust himself doesn't believe in that whatsoever. But if he does....well, he, HIMSELF, think that what he did was wrong. So, I'm not sure why I should be criticize for having that thought when Prust is having...the same thought. Of course....if he REALLY believes in it. Not sure we will have the answer to that....

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
It helps when you draft first and second overall, with a series of high 2nd rounders to boot.

I like your outlook on the habs though, very positive.The team, currently, is well on its way to being the best team we've had since the 80's.

That was just my emotional depressed side coming out after losing AGAIN to the bolts. Usually I'm much more positive. The not being able to score thingy has me feeling some despair cause no matter how well we play and how many scoring chances we get, we cant fooken finish. Our best players are letting us down in the playoffs AGAIN !

Now if they can at least win the next 2 games and tie the series then maybe my confidence will start to get back up there but so far since the series has started, the Hab's offence has frustrated me to no end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad