Proposal: Montreal Deals (NJ-FLA-VAN)

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Couple moves to help make the Habs top contenders when (and if) healthy.

To Montreal:
Andy Greene
Mike Cammalleri (50%)

To New Jersey:
Emelin
Scherbak
2017 1st
DD/Flynn (cap)

A couple Devils fans agreed to this on another thread, Habs get a legit #2 to play beside Weber, and although Emelin has had a solid season, I don't see him sustaining this level past this season and Greene is an upgrade. Also brings in a 2nd line LW upgrade. New Jersey gets a couple nice pieces for a retool/rebuild

To Florida:
Andrighetto
2017 3rd
2017 4/5th

To Montreal:
Jagr

Veteran scoring and forward depth for Montreal, especially important with this year's injury track record. Florida's season looks to be getting into write off territory, recoup some assets for Jagr who I don't see a fit for next season with the Panthers.

To Vancouver:
Lernout
2018 conditional 3rd (becomes a 2nd if Habs resign Gudbranson or make it to ECF)

To Montreal:
Gudbranson

Montreal replaces Emelin's physicality on the backend, Vancouver gets some assets for a guy who, again, I don't see a long term fit with the team.

Patches-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Cammy-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Jagr
Byron-Mitchell-Shaw
Flynn/DD, McCarron

Greene-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Gudbranson
Nesterov, Redmond

Price
Montoya

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

To Montreal:
Andy Greene
Mike Cammalleri (50%)

To New Jersey:
Emelin
Scherbak
2017 1st
DD/Flynn (cap)

A couple Devils fans agreed to this on another thread, Habs get a legit #2 to play beside Weber, and although Emelin has had a solid season, I don't see him sustaining this level past this season and Greene is an upgrade. Also brings in a 2nd line LW upgrade. New Jersey gets a couple nice pieces for a retool/rebuild

To Florida:
Andrighetto
2017 3rd
2017 4/5th

To Montreal:
Jagr

Veteran scoring and forward depth for Montreal, especially important with this year's injury track record. Florida's season looks to be getting into write off territory, recoup some assets for Jagr who I don't see a fit for next season with the Panthers.

To Vancouver:
Lernout
2018 conditional 3rd (becomes a 2nd if Habs resign Gudbranson or make it to ECF)

To Montreal:
Gudbranson

Montreal replaces Emelin's physicality on the backend, Vancouver gets some assets for a guy who, again, I don't see a long term fit with the team.

Cammy-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Jagr
Byron-Mitchell-Shaw
Flynn/DD, McCarron

Greene-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Gudbranson
Nesterov, Redmond

Price
Montoya

Idk who that prospect is but recouping picks for Gudbranson at this point is a win. It'll limit WillieD from playing him over Tryamkin at all and Stecher from the AHL.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Props to the OP for creating realistic and not terrible one-sided proposals.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
I'd want a bit more for Gud, but am aware it might not be out there...

Just hope there's a GM almost as dumb as Benning who might hang onto some name recognition/pedigree and offer at least close to one of the assets the Canucks gave up.

crazybagoham

Jun 11, 2015

To Montreal:
Andy Greene
Mike Cammalleri (50%)

To New Jersey:
Emelin
Scherbak
2017 1st
DD/Flynn (cap)

To Florida:
Andrighetto
2017 3rd
2017 4/5th

To Montreal:
Jagr

To Vancouver:
Lernout

To Montreal:
Gudbranson

Cammy-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Jagr
Byron-Mitchell-Shaw
Flynn/DD, McCarron

Greene-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Gudbranson
Nesterov, Redmond

Price
Montoya

firstly I dont know how the hell that is (lernout??)...secondly we just gave up mccann for Gubranson so why are we making this trade? i'd rather see him go to free agency for nothing than make this terrible trade.

BIG FAT NO

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey

To Montreal:
Andy Greene
Mike Cammalleri (50%)

To New Jersey:
Emelin
Scherbak
2017 1st
DD/Flynn (cap)

Taking on Emelin does scare me a tad, because I don't think we need him, but this is a solid offer.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Taking on Emelin does scare me a tad, because I don't think we need him, but this is a solid offer.

Unlike past years he actually has value, and I think he only has one year left past this one, maybe two. But he's a guy that if needed can log 20 minutes a night for you

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Props to the OP for creating realistic and not terrible one-sided proposals.

You should have said props to the OP for creating proposal while not terrible but still pretty bad for the Habs.
I wouldn't expect the Habs management would entertain any of those offers.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Lehkonen is definitely a non starter. I assume that 3rd is only coming back if it's the Lehkonen option? Not sure I'd do a 2nd straight up for Jagr

;). Had to try. He looks to be adjusting just fine so far. Like what I see from him. Ya the 3rd is for the Lehk + 4th because he holds more value than your 2017 2nd.

Jagr is putting up the exact same numbers he did in NJ and we paid a 2nd and 4th for him. I know he's 2 years older now but he's still on pace for around 50pts. That's a 2nd + mid level prospect/4th in my books.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Close value but Cammy is injury prone and Greene is not a very high upgrade over Emelin. We don't need Grudbanson .. too expensive Pateryn can make the same job for less money and next year Nygren should come to North America. I think Jagr could be add for something like Jacob de La Rose and a 2nd pick + 4th round pick but with Radulov, Gallagher on the right side we're ok there and probably Marc Bergevin will look to add a guy like Jokinen from Florida or Patrick Sharp from Dallas who are playoff performer and can play both wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad