Proposal: Montreal/Dallas

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Montreal: Antoine Roussel, Mattias Backman and 4th round pick 2017

vs

To Dallas: Alexei Emelin@(10% retained), Brian Flynn and Jacob de la Rose

MTL POV: They add Roussel who's a solid 3rd liner with some offensive upside, Backman who can be a good #7 at the moment and a pick for 2017.

DAL POV: Dallas will need guy with experience in the back with Honka, Nemeth and cie so Emelin could take a spot as #4/5 d-man on Stars blueline. He's a great shotblocker, physical. Flynn is a 4th line/pker with a cheap contrat. De La Rose is projected to be a 2nd line center but looking more for 3rd line LW/C and he's still cheap.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
I'd pass as a Stars fan. Honka isn't expected to make the jump this year, Lindell (LD) is.

Hamhuis Klingberg
Lindell Johns
Oduya oleksiak/Benn/Nemeth

I'd rather not lose Roussel and especially for a dman that will cause the loss of a young kid to expansion. Unless it's a bigger deal for a top end guy, it's not worth it. The values not too bad, I just don't see the point.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Doesnt work for Dallas. Just adds a D contract pushing us to 9 and we already have our 3 starting LD in Hamhuis, Oduya and Lindell

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Adding an experienced vet to the group doesn't seem necessary and Nill is committed to moving forward with youngsters. Stars have three vets (DH, JO, and Jordie Benn - who would be well slotted on pairs 1-2-3) and three younger players.

Of the youngsters, Klingberg is really a vet now. Johns is close - he looked good and seems solid based on his quarter season of play, and his physical talents will more than cover mistakes, IMHO and IDSHO. Even Nemeth (more likely) and Oleksiak (less likely) have enough NHL game experience to play regularly, or be the 7th guy.

That leaves Lindell as the only true rookie, and he seems really talented. Overall, not as bad a situation as many, Stars fans included, think. We complained so much over the last several years about our D, so we shouldn't be afraid to try a new direction by letting half of them go. And we complained enough about a plethora of 2-4 D men, but no true number 1, that trading for another wouldn't go over well. In about a year, I think we will have Klinger and Johns both get some all star love and have a true top pair.

Not to mention, Antoine had real chemistry on his line and is a fan fave here, which makes it hard to trade him for a bunch of so so pieces.

Last edited:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Emelin is terrible and we do this every other month. Get a new thing already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad