Post-Game Talk: Montreal @ Dallas - Get Danault'd

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And now we might see Armia and Price back this week.

It will be really intersting to see who plays on the 4th line. Imo it would be best if Armia has good chemistry with the 4th liners. He could bring that line to another level. Could his superior two way game mean he could make up for Hudon's weaknesses and they could a little offense? Or does Agostino still prove to be the best? (I am aware that Hudon will probably be waived, and that Peca and Dlo are ahead of him).

Agostino/Hudon Chaput Armia

Jul 6, 2016
The dog fight is on between Buffalo-Montreal-Boston and the NYI for the available Playoffs spots left. One of these teams won't make them. Buffalo is losing serious steam lately and MTL or BOS could soon take that precious 3rd place in the Division.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The dog fight is on between Buffalo-Montreal-Boston and the NYI for the available Playoffs spots left. One of these teams won't make them. Buffalo is losing serious steam lately and MTL or BOS could soon take that precious 3rd place in the Division.

Tampa/Toronto. Pick your poison if we make it. Going to be very tough series if they happen.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Good post....although I don't think the criticism was unfair at all, he had what, 2 goals in 35 games with alot of ice time....as we know this production now will not continue, but he will gain alot of confidence, and let's hope he keeps going to those dirty areas and gets a few more goals! This years team has no quit in it...glad PD has picked it up while Domi and Drouin have slipped recently.

The team is alot easier to watch these days!! And a 4-2 record on the road, will inspire alot of confidence!
Absolutely was a black hole given his ice time and quality of line mates, to me it was the DD comparisons that were unfair. PD was getting all the tough match ups/defensive zone starts cause we had no legitimate options to take those and no PP time, the direct opposite of DD who wasn’t producing in a sheltered/pampered role.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Not a fan of Bergevin but the fact that he was able to get Danault and a 2nd, which turned into Romanov, for Fleischmann and Weise is amazing.

Reactions: Redux91

Jul 6, 2016
I guess we will know tomorrow how Price is feeling.... And we will know more about Shaw's injury. Good to know that Armia is about to come back.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
What a lot of people have to deal with is that every team is built differently based on the parts available to it. The Habs aren't built around a top line, but a top-9 which Danault fits perfectly into and plays an important role.

The advantage of a top-9 build is that different lines get hot at different times. You can't judge who a player really is based on any 10-game stretch but you can forecast patterns and trajectories. The Phil Danault who scored 2 goals in his first 30 games is the same Phil Danault we're seeing now. The only difference is he got a couple good bounces, that boosted his confidence which led to more goals. It all comes down to Danault being a highly reliable and consistently good player.

That's why he gets the ES minutes he gets.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Was at the game last night in Dallas. A few observations:

1. Dallas arena is beautiful and they have awesome fans
2. Phil Danault is a different player than earlier in the season. He has jump and was a threat every time he was on the ice.
3. Victor Mete was our best dman last night (defensively). He is fast and makes really good decisions when the puck is on his stick.
4. Weber is really slow but smart. Weber needs Mete for the reasons specified in 3).
5. Mike Reilly drives me nuts. Makes really dumb decisions but has talent and skating ability. He should just simplify his game and do the first thing that comes to his head. Don't second guess and delay.
6. I was anti-Niemi but i have to admit he was great last night and should have been 1st star.
7. Offsides.... that had to be the most offsides in a game.
8. The 15 second OT was amazing. Petry's speed was something to behold. Blew right by Seguin.
9. I hate Jason Spezza
10. Happy New Year Y'all!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I guess we will know tomorrow how Price is feeling.... And we will know more about Shaw's injury. Good to know that Armia is about to come back.
Shouldn't the person who injured Shaw have a hearing with Player Safety? Or does it never count if Shaw is the guy getting hurt?

Reactions: GSP2018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->